Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
ekwus
ekwus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Kindle DX Battery By Pass

Hi

I'm looking to use a Kindle DX as a remote VNC monitor and as such it will be powered via USB constantly.

To avoid the battery dying as a result I tried removing it however once removed the Kindle DX won't power on at all.

I'm wondering if there is a way of wiring the charge and sense battery terminals in such a way as to trick the Kindle charging circuit into thinking there is a battery installed and allow it to boot as normal.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of thing?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Dave
ekwus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, dxg, kindlde