Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-29-2020, 03:53 AM   #406
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Am I stuck forever or is the Calibre plugin updated periodically to catch up with Kindle for PC2 updates?
This plugin only works on books that do not have DRM. Recent versions of Kindle for PC use new DRM which the DeDRM plugin does not support. Fixing that is up to the developers of the DeDRM plugin. For any information on that you need to ask at Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Alternately, can I deinstall this Kindle for PC2 and find an older version somewhere?
See the thread: Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 (and later) and KFX in calibre. That has instructions for finding older versions of Kindle for PC and blocking them from being updated.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:02 AM   #407
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.36.0 - 18 Nov 2020

Add an option to the plugin command line interface, "--json-content", that will produce a JSON file containing a mapping between the book's textual content and a numbering scheme that refers to it. See "Generating content/position information" in the plugin documentation for more information.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #408
Sabatini48
Sabatini48 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tablet
Issue with KFX-ZIP

issue with KFX-ZIP - I am running MacOS Catalina; Kindle 1.26; Calibre 5.5; KFX plugins Input, Output versions 1.36, 1.46 respectively.
Kindle 1.26 is downloading a .azw file - It is importing to Clalibre as KFX-ZIP and Converting it to epub throws up locked by DRM error. I have not been having trouble converting Kindle books in Calibre with the .azw file format - Am I doing something wrong? Is Amazon making it more difficult?
Sabatini48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #409
pdurrant
The Santa Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatini48 View Post
issue with KFX-ZIP - I am running MacOS Catalina; Kindle 1.26; Calibre 5.5; KFX plugins Input, Output versions 1.36, 1.46 respectively.
Kindle 1.26 is downloading a .azw file - It is importing to Clalibre as KFX-ZIP and Converting it to epub throws up locked by DRM error. I have not been having trouble converting Kindle books in Calibre with the .azw file format - Am I doing something wrong? Is Amazon making it more difficult?
The DeDRM plugin is still only a beta for calibre 5.x. Drop back to calibre 4.23, avoid KFX, or be patient.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #410
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The DeDRM plugin is still only a beta for calibre 5.x. Drop back to calibre 4.23, avoid KFX, or be patient.
It seems to be working for ePub and KF8/Mobi (from an Amazon download and KindleforPC download).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #411
Sabatini48
Sabatini48 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tablet
issue with KFX-ZIP

Quote:

I dropped back to Calibre 4.23 - the AZW file still input to Calibre as KFX-ZIP.
The KFX plugins are still the latest 1.36 & 1.46.
Sabatini48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #412
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatini48 View Post
I dropped back to Calibre 4.23 - the AZW file still input to Calibre as KFX-ZIP.
The KFX plugins are still the latest 1.36 & 1.46.
Having KFX-ZIP format after import is a sign of DRM removal failure. You will need to ask for help at Apprentice Alf's Blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub for assistance. (Detailed instructions for DRM removal are not allowed here on MobileRead.)
Old 11-30-2020, 07:41 PM   #413
steakhutzeee
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Maybe a dumb question, i have KFX Input and Output plugins installed.
When converting from KFX i see on the left that both plugins are present. So i need only one or both?
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:00 PM   #414
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
Maybe a dumb question, i have KFX Input and Output plugins installed.
When converting from KFX i see on the left that both plugins are present. So i need only one or both?
KFX Input is needed to convert from KFX to other formats. KFX Output is used to convert from other formats to KFX.

Last edited by jhowell; 12-01-2020 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:57 AM   #415
pdurrant
The Santa Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
KFX Inout is needed to convert from KFX to other formats. KFX Output is used to convert from other formats to KFX.
Really? I'd always assumed it was the other way around.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:01 AM   #416
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Really? I'd always assumed it was the other way around.
The conversion plugin types are named based on where they appear in the conversion pipeline. Input is the first step taking in a the original format to be converted and output is the last step producing a new format.

(There was a typo in my response "Inout" should have been "Input".)
Old 12-01-2020, 09:56 AM   #417
steakhutzeee
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
KFX Input is needed to convert from KFX to other formats. KFX Output is used to convert from other formats to KFX.
Thanks! So to now i'm curious on why i see both active when converting from KFX.
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:02 AM   #418
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
Thanks! So to now i'm curious on why i see both active when converting from KFX.
You should only see both if you have selected KFX as both the input format and the output format. In other words if you are converting from KFX to KFX.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #419
ArmandoRivas
ArmandoRivas began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have just read that the just released DeDRM plugin v7.0 is to be loaded into calibre 5; How do you that?
ArmandoRivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:50 PM   #420
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandoRivas View Post
I have just read that the just released DeDRM plugin v7.0 is to be loaded into calibre 5; How do you that?
Preferences: plugins: Load from File (a button at bottom)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote