Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #31
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Mom is slated to restart Radiation and Chemo tomorrow. They're going to try giving her a smaller dose of the Chemo meds in hopes that they won't make her as sick as they did this last time. She's still at Monroe Manor though she is feeling a bit better and has been able to eat and keep food down, something that she wasn't able to do for a while. She lost 20 lbs over the last month or so she was so sick.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #32
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good luck!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2017, 03:17 AM   #33
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The latter half of this last week got off to a rocky start. On Wednesday night a tornado came through the area outside of town and so we got some very bad weather for a few hrs. I was at church and the lights went out while we were just getting started. Later I ended up at the E.R. My Dr. had taken me completely off one of my blood pressure meds and I was getting a bit of tachycardia. Of course it scared me a bit which just added to the rapid heart beat. They took an EKG, blood samples, and a chest x-ray. In the end they gave me some of the same med that I had been taken off of and some baby aspirins, kept me under observation for a bit and then sent me home. Over at the manor they gathered the residents into the central part of the building (away from windows) during the storm. Mom's had a few more treatments and they think the radiation is helping. Also she seems to be keeping food down.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #34
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Well things are looking up. Mom is almost done with her treatments. I think she is done with Chemo and finishes her Radiation on Aug. 1st then they will do scans to see if the cancer is gone etc. Also we are moving downstairs to a ground floor apt. also on Aug. 1st. The actual move won't be fun of course but once it's done and things are sorted out things will hopefully go a bit better. A bonus is that my fiance (Lisa) will be able to visit. Being in a wheelchair she has a problem with stairs. So not only will it make it less likely that mom will fall but I will be able to spend more time with Lisa as well.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #35
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
That last part is awesome.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #36
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
That last part is awesome.
Thanks Cinisajoy. I'm counting down my last 12 or so months of freedom. lol. We're supposed to be getting married sometime in July 2018. (Got engaged on Feb. 14th). I'm sure we'll have our share of problems, but love finds a way.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #37
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Thanks Cinisajoy. I'm counting down my last 12 or so months of freedom. lol. We're supposed to be getting married sometime in July 2018. (Got engaged on Feb. 14th). I'm sure we'll have our share of problems, but love finds a way.
Last time I got married, he proposed New Year's Day, we got married on May 10th.
We were going to have a ceremony. Had the place, had the band, (both free), started working on the guest list. Promptly decided that we would have to invite a long time family friend (that I consider my brother) and many of his coworkers. He works in law enforcement. We eloped.
Both of us had been married before. I'm divorced and he was widowed.
(Each of those brings their own set of baggage. )

Yes, we have had our share of problems.
Best advice is don't let family and friends take up all your time. Excluding health problems of course.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #38
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Last time I got married, he proposed New Year's Day, we got married on May 10th.
We were going to have a ceremony. Had the place, had the band, (both free), started working on the guest list. Promptly decided that we would have to invite a long time family friend (that I consider my brother) and many of his coworkers. He works in law enforcement. We eloped.
Both of us had been married before. I'm divorced and he was widowed.
(Each of those brings their own set of baggage. )

Yes, we have had our share of problems.
Best advice is don't let family and friends take up all your time. Excluding health problems of course.
Well she's currently still at the Manor (which takes most of her monthly disability check) and of course I don't have a big income either. Plus we are going to go through premarital counselling with our Pastor. Lisa is divorced. I've never been married. As for family health problems it's in God's hands. We will find out soon enough how mom is and her mom is at Pleasant View nursing home. The poor lady has dementia. She just turned 63 so the future is uncertain there. Mom of course is 74 so that presents a set of challenges for her in addition to her lung cancer problems.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #39
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Well she's currently still at the Manor (which takes most of her monthly disability check) and of course I don't have a big income either. Plus we are going to go through premarital counselling with our Pastor. Lisa is divorced. I've never been married. As for family health problems it's in God's hands. We will find out soon enough how mom is and her mom is at Pleasant View nursing home. The poor lady has dementia. She just turned 63 so the future is uncertain there. Mom of course is 74 so that presents a set of challenges for her in addition to her lung cancer problems.
Oh hun, you misunderstood me. I meant if family and friends are healthy, don't let them take up all your time. If they aren't healthy at least try to get some rest on occasion.

Now as to the money factor, when we got married he was making $8 an hour with at least $50 or $100 coming out every week to repay a pretty good size loan. I have never asked exactly how much because it was at the time none of my business. I also didn't want to inadvertently upset him by asking. I do know it was somewhere between 5 and 10 thousand.
In all honesty, we were both starting over with pretty much nothing.

So don't let a lack of money stand in your way.

As to premarital counseling: no church and no money so no counseling.
All our friends and family guessed we might last 6 months. As of this writing it has been 26 years, 8 months and 6 days.

We have battled alcoholism, lost too many people, moves, job changes, quit smoking, and numerous other things.

So if we can do it, you can do it.

The thing is we talk about everything.
We have both done things that were fairly uncomfortable to one of us but that is part of life. It was done for the other person.

Just keep talking to each other and everything else should work out.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:24 PM   #40
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Just keep talking to each other and everything else should work out.
Good advice. I think probably that's one of the big problems in the world today. People just don't talk to one another. Whether it's a couple or countries. I know Lisa was wondering just this afternoon how things will work out (as far as living arrangements). Myself I don't think that God would let us get together and stay together this long if we weren't meant to be together and therefore he will provide the help that is needed as things develop. I visit mom and Lisa when I get out to the Manor. On Saturday Lisa, her sisters, their mom and me are going to get together at the Manor and mom will be there as well (if she feels up to it).
Old 07-20-2017, 12:16 AM   #41
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Good advice. I think probably that's one of the big problems in the world today. People just don't talk to one another. Whether it's a couple or countries. I know Lisa was wondering just this afternoon how things will work out (as far as living arrangements). Myself I don't think that God would let us get together and stay together this long if we weren't meant to be together and therefore he will provide the help that is needed as things develop. I visit mom and Lisa when I get out to the Manor. On Saturday Lisa, her sisters, their mom and me are going to get together at the Manor and mom will be there as well (if she feels up to it).
How long have you been together?

If Lisa has any worries, you can tell her that a cousin and her husband were both in wheelchairs and they had a good life together. With love, it can work out.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:12 AM   #42
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
How long have you been together?

If Lisa has any worries, you can tell her that a cousin and her husband were both in wheelchairs and they had a good life together. With love, it can work out.
Well we've been friends for several years now, but we started dating on Halloween last year. I had asked her out before then but she wasn't ready to date at the time.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:54 AM   #43
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Mom is back in the hospital. Not sure how long she'll be there. Went in late Friday night I gather. The hdd of my new (refurbished) netbook went bad so I had to find a replacement hdd and os disk. Got lucky there and found both on ebay. Right now all my internet connection is via my Kindle Fire tablet.
Supposed to be moving downstairs on Aug. 3rd.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #44
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Hugs.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:52 PM   #45
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Mom is back at the Manor tonight. The hospital released her earlier this evening.