Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-12-2015, 01:57 AM   #1
Jim R
Jim R began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (2 Types)
Hello There

As a newbie and not too familiar with forums, I want to say hello. My wife & I have 3 Kindles between us and I have enjoyed using Calibre for several years but have now, for the first time, encountered a problem.
When attempting to transfer some new books from the current version of Calibre to a Kindle Paper-white which had a recent software update, after several attempts, only one of those books is evident to the Kindle user. The odd thing is that browsing the Kindle with Windows Explorer clearly shows that all of the others are there, just not being recognized by the Kindle Software. In addition, transfers to an older (Version 3.4?) have worked correctly.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jim R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:19 AM   #2
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the forums Jim, (I haven't been using Calibre though, so I'm sorry if I couldn't be of any help) If it's any consolation, there had been a thread before with regards to a similar issue encountered:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228405

Hope you enjoy your time in the forums
Lin
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2015, 06:20 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jim and welcome to MobileRead.

This is the Introduction Section. If the link Lin provided doesn't solve your problem, you should post your Calibre question in that section
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
As a newbie and not too familiar with forums, I want to say hello. My wife & I have 3 Kindles between us and I have enjoyed using Calibre for several years but have now, for the first time, encountered a problem.
When attempting to transfer some new books from the current version of Calibre to a Kindle Paper-white which had a recent software update, after several attempts, only one of those books is evident to the Kindle user. The odd thing is that browsing the Kindle with Windows Explorer clearly shows that all of the others are there, just not being recognized by the Kindle Software. In addition, transfers to an older (Version 3.4?) have worked correctly.
Any help would be appreciated.

Why not take the time to introduce yourself to us? After all, this is the Introduce Yourself Forum.

Any questions, of course, should be taken to one of the forums related to your question.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle paperwhite, problem, software