Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur
PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, HS M700, Axim w/uBook
Price Custom Column Formatting Help

I have searched here and followed the link in the dialog box in calibre for formatting language help and I just don't get it

I would like it formatted with a dollar sign, 2 decimal places and right aligned. It won't be used for sorting or searching, I'd just like it to look nice. I'd be just as happy using a text-based column if someone can help with setting it up to be right aligned (if that's possible).

Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and I'm using calibre 0.8.5 on vista. Thanks!
PaulineDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulineDesigns View Post
I have searched here and followed the link in the dialog box in calibre for formatting language help and I just don't get it

I would like it formatted with a dollar sign, 2 decimal places and right aligned. It won't be used for sorting or searching, I'd just like it to look nice. I'd be just as happy using a text-based column if someone can help with setting it up to be right aligned (if that's possible).

Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and I'm using calibre 0.8.5 on vista. Thanks!
That one was even in the Balloon help for Floating number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cost_col.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	72767  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur
PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thank you! I never hover over input boxes and keep forgetting those tips are there.

Is it possible to get the prices to be right aligned?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Right click on the column header
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you! I never hover over input boxes and keep forgetting those tips are there.

right click the column header : down to line 3
Old 06-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur

Haha! Well, colour me stupid today!

Thanks VERY much for the help! You guys are AWESOME!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Calibre's tooltips are well written and very helpful. You'd be well advised to make a habit of reading them
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur

Absolutely! I've already put a note on my computer to remind myself to check tooltips and context menus (in addition to the forum and manual) before seeking help.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:08 PM   #9
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That one was even in the Balloon help for Floating number.
I know this is over ten years old, but do you have a bigger version of this? I can't read it even after zooming in.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:40 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I know this is over ten years old, but do you have a bigger version of this? I can't read it even after zooming in.
Wow! Talk about Nekro topics
I don't believe this is an option anymore (calibre6). I also looked at tweaks
Old 07-22-2022, 04:52 AM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do you mean this:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-22 184901.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	195219

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:03 AM   #12
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Thanks. I was hovering over the label rather than the text box itself and thought I was missing the tooltip.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:25 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Thanks. I was hovering over the label rather than the text box itself and thought I was missing the tooltip.
Me Too
Old 07-22-2022, 09:23 PM   #14
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I have my price column like this
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	125
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	195239  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columns, format questions, price