Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2022, 10:14 AM   #931
drawson1
Connoisseur
drawson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20, Clara 2E
Is there a way to CLEAR the selection from the Navigation Bar?

When I initially start plato from Nickel Menu, there is NO selection in the navigation bar, and the shelf is sorted in "Date Opened" order ... so I see my most recent books at the top. However, once I've done a search or made a selection in the Navigation Bar, there's no way to clear it. The only solution is to exit back to Nickel and then re-start plato.

Or am I missing something obvious? :-)

Thanks!

Dan
drawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 12:20 PM   #932
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawson1 View Post
However, once I've done a search or made a selection in the Navigation Bar, there's no way to clear it.
You can clear the navigation bar's selection with the north arrow swipe sequence. Please also note that tapping a selected directory will de-select it.

The south arrow swipe sequence will toggle the search bar. You can also close the search bar using the close button at the end of the bar.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 01:42 PM   #933
drawson1
Connoisseur

Excellent - thanks!
Old 12-06-2022, 06:39 AM   #934
drawson1
Connoisseur

Sort order error - see the attached image.

It looks like the navigation bar and shelf are sorted in "OS order", rather than "llibrary" order. I know that the libraries have a REALLY complex set of sorting rules, but I would think that a case-insensitve sort would be a practical solution ....

Thanks!

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20221206_061809.png
Views:	231
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	198219  
Old 12-06-2022, 04:30 PM   #935
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Does anyone has a link for a spanish dictionray?
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 01:39 AM   #936
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydon3 View Post
Does anyone has a link for a spanish dictionray?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4280510
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:35 AM   #937
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
"If you're looking for an english dictionary, you might be interested in my custom version of WordNet 3.1: place wn-xml.* in the dictionaries directory and dictionary-user.css in the css directory."

I did exactly that, and it's still telling me there are NO dictionaries found.

Can you tell me what I did wrong? Did Plato change so that's no longer valid?

Also I added some fonts in the fonts folder and their not showing up, is there some forced rebuild or something that I'm missing with Plato that makes it realize that there are new things added to it?

Last edited by jasius; 01-12-2023 at 10:42 AM.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 07:48 AM   #938
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
"If you're looking for an english dictionary, you might be interested in my custom version of WordNet 3.1: place wn-xml.* in the dictionaries directory and dictionary-user.css in the css directory."

I did exactly that, and it's still telling me there are NO dictionaries found.
Tap the title label (the label that reads Dictionary in the top bar) and select Reload Dictionaries.

Quote:
Also I added some fonts in the fonts folder and their not showing up
The default font path is (as you can see in Settings-sample.toml): /mnt/onboard/fonts. That's Nickel's font path.

The fonts in Plato's fonts directory are used for the user interface. That directory should be left untouched.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:51 PM   #939
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Tap the title label (the label that reads Dictionary in the top bar) and select Reload Dictionaries.

The default font path is (as you can see in Settings-sample.toml): /mnt/onboard/fonts. That's Nickel's font path.

The fonts in Plato's fonts directory are used for the user interface. That directory should be left untouched.
Ok that didn't work with the dictionary, I did everything that I wrote there, what am I missing out on?

Thank you for that information.

Any possiblity and adding Font Weight to Plato?

Last edited by jasius; 01-18-2023 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2023, 03:03 PM   #940
jbenwell
jbenwell began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
For those using Plato on a Clara 2E, how is the performance? Is it prone to crashes/freezes as with Koreader? Thanks!
jbenwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 08:16 AM   #941
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Ok that didn't work with the dictionary, I did everything that I wrote there, what am I missing out on?
Are there any error messages in info.log?

What files are in the dictionaries directory?

Quote:
Any possiblity and adding Font Weight to Plato?
No, but I guess it could be a feature for variable fonts having the proper variation axis.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:08 PM   #942
jasius
Connoisseur

How are things going? long time no post, everything ok?
Old 04-09-2023, 08:41 AM   #943
baskerville
Evangelist

Plato 0.9.35

I've released Plato 0.9.35.
Old 05-13-2023, 03:20 AM   #944
blackMysticCat
blackMysticCat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Hey! When I try to use the wallabag article_fetcher, I get the error "abnormal process termination". I wasnt able to find anything on google..
blackMysticCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 12:21 PM   #945
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackMysticCat View Post
Hey! When I try to use the wallabag article_fetcher, I get the error "abnormal process termination".
The error messages that the article fetcher produces will end up in info.log.