Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #61
plunderydoo
Enthusiast
plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: WinMobile, Hanvon N516 w. OpenInkPot, eLyricon EBX-500, Iphone 3GS
Great news !!

Thank you !!
plunderydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #62
gczobel
Enthusiast
gczobel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle DXG
Hi Kovid,
Amazon Spain is online from September 15.

Can you add it on the script?

Will be great for the spanish users download metadata in spanish.

Thanks!
gczobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #63
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
done.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #64
BlackWinny
BlackWinny began at the beginning.

Device: PC + Tablet Chuwi CWI515 (a Windows 10 64-bit 10" tablet)
Hello !

I'm new on the forum.

I have read all this topic, but I think there is maybe something I haven't clearly understood.

I have watched in the settings, and the localization for this plugin is for me on "france"... Ok.

I try the plugin on a book, which has an ASIN B003WREGGW on the french Amazon.

So in the metadata I have set this in the "ids" field :

And now... after the validation I'm back to the main page to see the informations.

And I see that, which seems somewhat strange :

The tooltip shows "Amazon.fr" but... the caption shows "Amazon.com". Is it normal ?

And sniff... when I click the link, argh, instead of going to Amazon.fr I still go to amazon.com which of course doesn't know this ASIN existing only on the french Amazon :

Hum... Have I missed a step ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
BlackWinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #65
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to have amazon_fr:B003WREGGW in your ids field. Then clicking on the amazon.com link will take you to the amazon.fr site. I will fix the next release to display Amazon.fr instead of Amazon.com
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #66
BlackWinny
BlackWinny began at the beginning.

Device: PC + Tablet Chuwi CWI515 (a Windows 10 64-bit 10" tablet)
Roger !

Great thanks, Kovid !

Now it works, going to the good target.

A kind question : this little detail, somewhat important (to consult the amazon page is positively a common usage for most of us when managing daily a book database), which consist to modify the name of the variable ("amazon_xx" instead of simply "amazon")... hum... this little detail, is it documented somewhere ? With the double help of Google and of the respective internal search engines I have looked over the triple whole domains "mobileread" and "calibre" and "bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/", and anywhere I haven't seen this modification to do (the "_xx") textually related. But maybe I have jumped over the right place... If not, it's certain that many people have the same frights I have got and so I think it could be pertinent to insert a little line about it in the manual (or at least in the immediate as a brief training update in the next changelog, just few words about this "_xx" which will relieve dozens of stressed users). Hum... in the bugs database it was this page, wasn't it ?

Over ! To you, base !
BlackWinny is offline   Reply With Quote