Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Friday's Question of the Day 29 Aug 08

I'm on a day off, anyone got any good beer?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Guieness Stout and a bowl of hot chili...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
You're my hero, pshwynk. Have a Newcastle Brown on me.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i don't like beer personally so you should probably not listen to any of my recommendations. a friend of mine often drinks leffe though. i'll clink glasses with you with a panaché or a demi-pêche though if you want (go ahead and make fun of me, i'm used to it. i know those are "girl's drinks". i am a girl so it's ok.).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Make fun of you?? Never. A violation of the rules. Except in good fun, of course, but only with your consent.

I'd prefer a good "girly" drink to something hard any day. Margueritas and Dacqueris are great but only if there's not much alcohol in them (or, preferably, none). But I wouldn't know a demi-pêche from a semi-trück.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 08-29-2008 at 11:05 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Got a nice frosty glass of Bud with a shot of Jack Daniels on the side ready to go...of course with a bowl of nuts.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
A "demi-pêche" is an half-pint with peach syrup.

For the beers, I'm in my belgian beer period (after spending 2 days in Brussels), so I'd recommend a "Chouffe" or a "Cuvée des Trolls".
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
A "demi-pêche" is an half-pint with peach syrup.
right. and a panaché is half beer half lemon soda. (strangely, i don't like lemon soda by itself either, but together they're ok). my friends usually make fun of me when i order these drinks. of course, the other day i was with a friend who ordered a Monaco which uses grenadine syrup, so you can see right away it's not just beer (grenadine syrup is bright red). at least the demi-pêche is a bit discreet so if you can order without anyone overhearing your dignity can stay intact.

Quote:
For the beers, I'm in my belgian beer period (after spending 2 days in Brussels), so I'd recommend a "Chouffe" or a "Cuvée des Trolls".
i think i would think twice before i drink something called "cuvée des trolls". but then i would be won over by the sheer bizarrerie of the name. what kind of beer is it ? i prefer brune or blanche to blonde usually. i had a blanche from belgium which was quite good but i can't remember the name.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #9
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I like my beers dark and heavy... if there is sediment in the bottom of the glass, it's a great beer.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
a panaché is half beer half lemon soda.
Lager + Lemonade = 'Shandy' here - not sure if that's a Glaswegian, Scottish or British thing though and it's usually lager though you can probably do it with beer (I don't drink either though).
I'll be having a glass of red wine when I make it to the pub, then possibly fruit wine when I get home then probably some amaretto before bed.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #11
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I like my beers dark and heavy... if there is sediment in the bottom of the glass, it's a great beer.
When you come for your Mayo Clinic Related Meetup, I'll bring a bottle of my home brew Barley Wine.

MMM... Barley Wine...

Gotta go!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #12
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Lager + Lemonade = 'Shandy' here - not sure if that's a Glaswegian, Scottish or British thing though and it's usually lager though you can probably do it with beer (I don't drink either though).
I'll be having a glass of red wine when I make it to the pub, then possibly fruit wine when I get home then probably some amaretto before bed.
One of our local breweries makes a "Summer Shandy". Lager brewed with some lemon juice in the mix. Prettyy good on a really hot day.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
you would like german beer : it's not a drink, it's a meal !
Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
i knew that but i always forget it.

what is the difference between lager and beer ?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #15
pshrynk

Beer = a malted, fermented barley drink

Ale = beer brewed at cellar temp

Lager = beer brewed at 72 degrees (f) or lower

Ale is generally darker, heavier, and more "robust"

Lager is generally lighter and fizzier

American "beer" (domestic swill) is carbonated yellow colored, tasteless water with alcohol added for effect, said effect being that you forget that you are drinking carbonated yellow colored, tasteless water with alcohol added for effect.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness