Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
friday's second question

it's still friday, because it was friday when i got up and i have not gone to bed yet, and that's how days are defined on my calendar, so here's another question for this friday.

i'm quoting it over from the tor thread because i really don't feel it will be given proper consideration there but i really feel this is one of the vital questions of our time. so here it is :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Rock Badgers. Inherently evil? Can they co-exist with llamas? Are they just surly, diminutive, angry pandas? Do they piss you off as much as TOR's e-book promotion?
please discuss.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Personally, I have never been pissed of by a rock badger. In fact, I don't believe that I have ever been made acquainted with one. So they can't disgruntle me more than Tor.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
lots of rockers badger others
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Some of you may know that the B-52's had a song called "Rock Lobster", but did you know the song was originally titled "Rock Badger?" Due to pressure from the National Association of Badgers Not Being Used in Rock Songs they had to change it.

Here are some of the original lyrics:

We were at a party
His ear lobe fell in the deep
Someone reached in and grabbed it
It was a rock badger

We were at the beach
Everybody had matching towels
Somebody went under a dock
And there they saw a rock
It wasn't a rock
It was a rock badger

Here is the video, you will have to imagine them singing "badger" instead of "lobster."

Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:02 AM   #5
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I think the film The Treasure of the Sierra Madre has the last word on badgers.

'Badgers? We ain't got no badgers. We don't need no badgers! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badgers!'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Badges.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	15491  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Who would win in a fight?

1) Rock Badger?
2) Paper Badger?
3) Badger with scissors?

Last edited by Barcey; 08-23-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #7
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Some of you may know that the B-52's had a song called "Rock Lobster", but did you know the song was originally titled "Rock Badger?" Due to pressure from the National Association of Badgers Not Being Used in Rock Songs they had to change it.

Here are some of the original lyrics:

We were at a party
His ear lobe fell in the deep
Someone reached in and grabbed it
It was a rock badger

We were at the beach
Everybody had matching towels
Somebody went under a dock
And there they saw a rock
It wasn't a rock
It was a rock badger

Here is the video, you will have to imagine them singing "badger" instead of "lobster."
On the subject of rock and roll crustaceans...
http://www.crustaceanrecords.com/

I imagine that will all the mutant crustaceans in Australia they have some with musical talent as well.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Personally, I have never been pissed of by a rock badger. In fact, I don't believe that I have ever been made acquainted with one. So they can't disgruntle me more than Tor.
I know some rock wallabies - shy, little tykes, prone to endangerment-listing, though cute as a button.

Unlike their big, stupid cousins the Red and Grey Kangaroo. You don't want to piss off one of them, but, like most, big, stupid, muscle-thugs, the problem is you never know what's going to send them into a frenzy of full-contact arsehattery and violence (though walking through a mob of them with a bag of bread - baaaaad idea. Very, very baaaaaad idea! [I still sometimes wake screaming "The pouches! The horrible pouches!]).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post

1) Rock Badger?
2) Paper Badger?
3) Badger with scissors?
Adrian. He's a Rock Gibbon (though after about 17 Zany Carter Deluxes, he's more of a Folk Gibbon).

Cheers,
Marc ("I am just a poor boy though my story's seldom told...")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post

1) Rock Badger?
2) Paper Badger?
3) Badger with scissors?
The badger with the thermonuclear device.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The Wisconsin Badgers will soon be playing on Saturdays, once more. Then, when the Packers start playing, there will be considerably more room to ride bikes on the streets on weekends.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sorry Zelda, it's now Monday.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks for reminding me. i guess i have to come up with a question for monday then.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thanks for reminding me. i guess i have to come up with a question for monday then.
I have it.. you have to rename these daily threads to be correct for every day of the week. That's your now moderator job. Now get to it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have it.. you have to rename these daily threads to be correct for every day of the week. That's your now moderator job. Now get to it.
never fear jswolf, i've created a new thread just for monday, so you won't feel frustrated. this seemed like the ideal solution since as you've pointed out the friday threads are really only pertinent on fridays so i felt it was best to start fresh with a question specifically for today.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness