Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #31
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wait, what ? is something happening saturday ? what's happening saturday ? where exactly did you say ?? why didn't you say anything about it ?
I tried to keep silent; but, now that the llama's out of the bag I'll tell all of you.

This Saturday, (that's tomorrow) about 20 of us are meeting at Euro Bistro in Herndon, Virginia (that's in the US) for the First Washington, DC Area MobileRead Meet-up. It starts at 5:00 pm (that's 17:00) and includes great food and drink. We have an area of the restaurant so more are always welcome. Nate will be bringing his collection of reading devices so clean hands only when touching them else Neko's and ZeeZee's llamas will see you in private. Everyone is invited.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Invited, who's paying?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #33
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Invited, who's paying?
pshrynk's credit card
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #34
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh, sorry, I thought it was Zelda's...
Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #35
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
tripled, at least, I've got a half dug hole full of water .....
What's in the other half?

ZP, at least with the rain, the shums don't go out and scream - they stay indoors and scream. But if you're lucky, the drumming of the rain on the roof will drown the out (or if their roof leaks will maybe drown them ... in).
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #36
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
oh, sorry, I thought it was Zelda's...
Hmm ... perhaps we leave this to Zeldachen and pshrynk to sort out?
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #37
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post

ZP, at least with the rain, the shums don't go out and scream - they stay indoors and scream. But if you're lucky, the drumming of the rain on the roof will drown the out (or if their roof leaks will maybe drown them ... in).
Old 08-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #38
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Hmm ... perhaps we leave this to Zeldachen and pshrynk to sort out?
Ist class for me and mine, both flight seats and accomm....
Old 08-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #39
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
tripled, at least, I've got a half dug hole full of water .....
But it's a pond! It's supposed to be full of water.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #40
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
But it's a pond! It's supposed to be full of water.
Not until after it's been finished and lined......
Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #41
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Walden Pond was never lined! Have t'faith, mon!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #42
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post

ZP, at least with the rain, the shums don't go out and scream - they stay indoors and scream.
that is an excellent point actually. and you may in fact be the first person to think of a compelling argument in favor of the rain. this will definitely complicate thinks for me when i am railing against the bad weather. now i'm not sure what to curse.

Quote:
But if you're lucky, the drumming of the rain on the roof will drown the out (or if their roof leaks will maybe drown them ... in).
fingers crossed !!!

of course, since i live 4 floors above them, it will probably drown me in before them. then again in that case my problem would also be solved, because not very much would bother me anymore...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #43
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Walden Pond was never lined! Have t'faith, mon!
Walden pond probably wasn't located on sand.....
Old 08-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #44
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that is an excellent point actually. and you may in fact be the first person to think of a compelling argument in favor of the rain. this will definitely complicate thinks for me when i am railing against the bad weather. now i'm not sure what to curse.

fingers crossed !!!

of course, since i live 4 floors above them, it will probably drown me in before them. then again in that case my problem would also be solved, because not very much would bother me anymore...

Wait until it snows, the sound of snowflakes on the roof will be silent....
Old 08-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I tried to keep silent; but, now that the llama's out of the bag I'll tell all of you.

This Saturday, (that's tomorrow) about 20 of us are meeting at Euro Bistro in Herndon, Virginia (that's in the US) for the First Washington, DC Area MobileRead Meet-up. It starts at 5:00 pm (that's 17:00) and includes great food and drink. We have an area of the restaurant so more are always welcome. Nate will be bringing his collection of reading devices so clean hands only when touching them else Neko's and ZeeZee's llamas will see you in private. Everyone is invited.
now if you're going to be letting the llamas out of the bbags at least try to keep them from spitting, sheesh. why do you think we put them in the bags to start with ?

i hope the area you've reserved in the restaurant is big, you'll need plenty of space for nate's collection. don't forget we all want a detailed recap when it's all over, for those of use who may not be able to go !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness