Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #46
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Yes, you're right! I'm a terrible old cynic, but I must admit he did a good job, and deserves a lot of credit - and given pleasure to a lot of people. So hats off to him .

Yeah, I wouldn't go quite that far.
I wondered if someone would comment about that! I meant romantic in an idealistic kind of way, not in a Love/Sexual way.

What can I say, I'm a hopeless optimist!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #47
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
It made me a little weepy eyed! I'm with kaz, I think it is a good example of how there is a common tie that binds us, just like here at MR. Sparrow, several of the "dancers" were just jumping up and down. Can you do that?

(I was distracted though by how his right arm seemed a little different than his left. As I was staring at his identical dance the entire time, that disturbed me. I wanted symmetry. And why did he stop dancing briefly somewhere overseas?)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #48
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
That was amazing! I loved the fact that he danced the same dance in all the same places. With one very simple little jig, he showed how alike we all really are, regardless of all the differences. That's similar to how I feel about the posters here on MobileRead!
Well, it's the only dance he knows how to do. He (much like me) is completely inept at dancing. He notes in his blog about how everyone made fun of that stupid dance, but it's the only way he can dance .... so, when he wants to dance, that's how it comes out.

I also have (more or less) one dance in me, and I do it when I feel like dancing. I got kicked out of classical ballet school when I was six, and ditched cotillion when I was a teenager, and no one ever asked me to dance at any of the dances anyway .... so why the hell would it matter?

But, I love that video because, I love seeing the locals getting involved. It's just so much fun to watch them getting into the act, and having a good time (especially those lovely Indian temple dancers).

I think (what it says to me anyway is) that, no matter what country you're are from, there are people who can put differences aside and just cut loose and DANCE!

(If you do read his blog, he was actually arrested for trying to dance at the Parthenon ... silly, I know, but there you have it. He could dance at the Korean Demilitarized Zone, but not at the Parthenon.)

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 06-30-2009 at 07:36 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #49
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
It made me a little weepy eyed! I'm with kaz, I think it is a good example of how there is a common tie that binds us, just like here at MR. Sparrow, several of the "dancers" were just jumping up and down. Can you do that?

(I was distracted though by how his right arm seemed a little different than his left. As I was staring at his identical dance the entire time, that disturbed me. I wanted symmetry. And why did he stop dancing briefly somewhere overseas?)
Grace, darling, you're guidance counselor slip is showing! You're worried the poor boy might have a handicap of some sort. You're also over thinking it, just enjoy!

I actually liked his goofy dance. It showed that he had a great deal of self-confidence. How many of us could/would put ourselves out there like that and subject ourselves to public ridicule in multiple countries no less. I know I wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, it's the only dance he knows how to do. He (much like me) is completely inept at dancing. He notes in his blog about how everyone made fun of that stupid dance, but it's the only way he can dance .... so, when he wants to dance, that's how it comes out.

I also have (more or less) one dance in me, and I do it when I feel like dancing. I got kicked out of classical ballet school when I was six, and ditched cotillion when I was a teenager, and no one ever asked me to dance at any of the dances anyway .... so why the hell would it matter?

But, I love that video because, I love seeing the locals getting involved. It's just so much fun to watch them getting into the act, and having a good time (especially those lovely Indian temple dancers).

I think (what it says to me anyway is) that, no matter what country you're are from, there are people who can put differences aside and just cut loose and DANCE!

(If you do read his blog, he was actually arrested for trying to dance at the Parthenon ... silly, I know, but there you have it. He could dance at the Korean Demilitarized Zone, but not at the Parthenon.)
I agree completely! Thanks so much for sharing it!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #50
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
It made me a little weepy eyed!
for saying it, I am too!
I usually hate that kind of things, but this made me...:sigh:
It's simply lovely. Oh and I'd do this at his place anytime - imagine that, travelling the world to dance with strangers and make people happy! Dream life!
Did anyone read the comments under the video? One lady got me from moved to crying...

Thank you so much Ricky!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2009, 03:26 AM   #51
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Grace, darling, you're guidance counselor slip is showing! You're worried the poor boy might have a handicap of some sort. You're also over thinking it, just enjoy!
whoops! that must be it! Ok, I'm over it. Dance away, dancey boy!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #52
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I found one of his outtake videos on Youtube:
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #53
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
*bumb*

... because the weather has been so grey here the last couple of days
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #54
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
*bumb*

... because the weather has been so grey here the last couple of days
Move down about 300km and you'd have had a beautiful weekend! It was around 25 degrees yesterday. And they've been promising more nice weather this week.

Edit; naturally, I've no idea where exactly you live or how far north it exactly is, but who cares!

Edit 2: to Arhus, it's about 380km...

Last edited by Sweetpea; 10-04-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #55
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Move down about 300km and you'd have had a beautiful weekend! It was around 25 degrees yesterday. And they've been promising more nice weather this week.
Sounds nice. Though as long the sun shines, I'm usually happy, even if it's cold

Quote:
Edit; naturally, I've no idea where exactly you live or how far north it exactly is, but who cares!

Quote:
Edit 2: to Arhus, it's about 380km...
Not a bad guess
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #56
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
And Arhus is south of me, we've got 14C today ! - but at least the sun is shining.

Rain forecast for tonight.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #57
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
I see a naive young man who goes out into the cold, cruel world and becomes a catalyst for joy. It's very touching.
John K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #58
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I've been watching it almost daily. Love it. And thanks for bumping it, Ea.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment