Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #286
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Version Released

Version 2.7.0 - 20 Apr 2019
- Bump Supported Calibre Version to v2.85.1.
- Update translations
- Bump copyright year
- Newer BeautifulSoup version included in Calibre v3.41 needs changes.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:13 PM   #287
sweth
Connoisseur
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kindle Fire 7 (7G), Kindle PW (2G), Nook GlowLight Plus
Plugin mostly works fine for me, but I get the following error consistently with one epub. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Spoiler:

calibre, version 3.44.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'

calibre 3.44 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Wed Apr 24 21:17:24 PDT 2019; root:xnu-4570.71.45~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.15
OSX: ('10.13.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 3, 4) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 5) && WorldCat xISBN (1, 0, 0) && Overdrive Link (2, 33, 0) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 0, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && EpubSplit (2, 7, 0) && View Manager (1, 5, 2) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Annotations (1, 9, 2) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 8, 0) && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata (1, 0, 79) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && Save Virtual Libraries To Column GUI (2, 2, 1) && EpubMerge (2, 5, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Save Virtual Libraries To Column (2, 0, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 0, 3) && Ex Libris (1, 0, 19) && Overdrive Link* (2, 33, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit_plugin", line 138, in plugin_button
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit", line 628, in get_split_lines
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit", line 556, in get_toc_map
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'

Last edited by theducks; 06-09-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: change quote to spoiler
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2019, 03:29 PM   #288
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweth View Post
Plugin mostly works fine for me, but I get the following error consistently with one epub. Any ideas what might be wrong?
That error would appear to indicate that there's a problem in the source epub's manifest.

Using Calibre's Polish or doing an epub->epub conversion on the file will probably correct it.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:27 AM   #289
TheDreamer
TheDreamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle: Touch, Touch/3G, 8th Gen, Oasis
I know you had chosen to opt to ignoring multilevel TOCs and always treat as flat, but that was before you added section splitting.... So, any chance to reconsider levels to define sections? Its kind of a pain deleting all the chapter marks for book and then add them back after the split (and they often don't match what had existed originally....original might have had "Chapter One: xxxx", but I'll just number the chapters "1", "2", etc. Though its a cosmetic thing, just as long as my e-reader can tell me how much to then end of the current chapter.

Another feature request, An option that if the first page of the new book is an image, to use that as the cover. (though sometimes I've also seen where the page before the 'section bookmark' is the cover....which means the cover of the next book is on the end of previous... If I notice, I might move the bookmark...otherwise it'll get fixed in editing....

Oh well, back to splitting all my Omnibus/Anthologies....

The Dreamer
TheDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:43 PM   #290
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
after split epub usage book covers out of sync with display

After splitting an epub book using the plug-in, Calibre started displaying the wrong cover for the books. I added 3 books to my library, and the cover display was 3 books off. All the books themselves are correct, with the correct covers. The book details show the correct cover, but the cover browser was three titles out.
I'm using calibre 4.3 [64bit] on windows 7.
I've attached a picture of the display issue.
I've highlighted new book (Mrs Harris -with pink cover) but Activate book cover displays in cover browser while book details cover is correct.

Kovid asked that it be reported here. He mentioned that
"That will be because the plugin is not updating the cover browser,
report it to the plugin author in the calibre plugins forum at
mobileread.com."

Hope this is making sense...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-bug.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	175205  
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #291
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
Kovid asked that it be reported here. He mentioned that
"That will be because the plugin is not updating the cover browser,
report it to the plugin author in the calibre plugins forum at
mobileread.com."

Hope this is making sense...
Kovid (if you're watching),

I assume you mean the plugin should do:
Code:
        if self.gui.cover_flow:
            self.gui.cover_flow.dataChanged()
FFF includes that code.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #292
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@toomuchreading,

Give this version a try. Please report back if it corrects the problem.

UPDATE - Posted the wrong plugin...

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-30-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:38 PM   #293
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I posted the wrong plugin--they both have the same issue.

Here's the EpubSplit test version with that change. Please let me know if it corrects the issue.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-02-2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 12-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #294
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Out of sync cover display

@JimmXinu

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I tested your new version with the same book I originally had the issue with, and this new version did not have any issues. It worked and the covers were just as they should be. Thank you for fixing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-bug2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	175287  
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #295
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.8.0 - 02 Dec 2019
- Update translations
- Update cover view as well as tags and library list on new book create.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #296
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2019-12-18

- Changes for Python3.

Also increases minimum supported Calibre version to v3.48 v2.85.1.

FYI, Calibre on Python3 betas are now available.

UPDATE: min v2.85.1--nobody had downloaded it yet anyway.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-10-2020 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 12-27-2019, 09:14 AM   #297
manuj
manuj began at the beginning.

Device: Asus6z
Lightbulb Number the split parts

Hi,

Thanks for a great plugin. Is there any option to number the generated ebooks. For example,

001-Chapter 1.epub
002-Chapter 1.epub

Some ebooks have multiple parts, like Atlas Shrugged (3 parts) and there is a Chapter 1 in each part. So after splitting there are three folders called Chapter 1*.

Then I have to manually check from the TOC which Chapter 1 comes first.

Thanks!
manuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #298
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuj View Post
Thanks for a great plugin. Is there any option to number the generated ebooks. For example,
EpubSplit does not have a feature to number the generated ebooks. The best it could do is to count and prepend a number for how many books you made in a 'session', which would be new code.

There are at least two ways you can set the new book title(s) in EpubSplit.
  1. In EpubSplit settings (Calibre Preferences->Plugins->(search for Epubsplit), there's an option for 'Edit Metadata for new Book(s)'. Then you will be able to edit all the metadata for each new book as it is saved.
  2. While looking at the "Sections to Split" list in EpubSplit, you can double click the Table of Contents column and change the TOC entries as they will be saved in the new split books.

Would either of these work for you?
Old 01-04-2020, 10:56 PM   #299
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi, I am running into thie error

calibre, version 4.6.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'

Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:29 PM   #300
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hi, I am running into thie error

calibre, version 4.6.0

That error indicates that no TOC was found in the epub.

EpubSplit currently only handles EPUB2, not EPUB3, which will give that error.

If that's not the issue, I'd have to see the epub.