Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Some Sue Grafton Alphabet Mysteries $2.99-$4.99 (US) [Macmillan]

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
a chronological series of mystery novels. Known as "the alphabet novels," the stories are set in and around the fictional town of Santa Teresa, California. It is based on Santa Barbara, outside of which Grafton maintains a home in the suburb of Montecito. (Grafton chose to use the name Santa Teresa as a tribute to the author Ross Macdonald, who had used it as a fictional name for Santa Barbara in his own novels.)

In the series, Grafton writes from the perspective of a female private investigator named Kinsey Millhone, who lives in Santa Teresa. In apparent tribute to Macdonald, Millhone refers to her private investigator license as a "photostat," as did Macdonald's character Archer. Grafton's first book of this series is "A" Is for Alibi, written and set in 1982. The series continues with "B" Is for Burglar, "C" Is for Corpse, and so on through the alphabet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_Grafton

So far only Amazon is showing the lowered prices:

$2.99

A Is for Alphabet
N Is for Noose
O Is for Outlaw

$3.99

B Is for Burglar

$4.99

C Is for Corpse
K Is for Killer
L Is for Lawless

Amazon

B&N

Kobo

Sony

BooksOnBoard

Last edited by NightBird; 10-28-2011 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Fixed BOB link
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
I hope BN matches these prices. Otherwise I'll have to add up the savings on the titles I want and see if it would be cheaper to just get a Kindle!
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks for posting. I'll keep my eye on this, in case the deals show up on Sony/Kobo or BN soon. I definitely need K, L, N & O as well as a few others in the series that I don't have yet. I'd druther buy epub, but if I have to go the Kindle/convert route, I will at these prices.

Actually, I think I'm off to go post a "hint" to Sony's Facebook wall.

While I was at it, gave Nook a "nudge" as well.

Last edited by graycyn; 10-27-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added sentence
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you work fast!

'N' is now $4.99 and 'L' and 'M' are $5.99 on Sony's site.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Just rushed to my pbookshelf to see where I'm up to and was surprised that I'm up to V which is not out until next month, Good deal on the ebooks but as I have got this far with th collection I will definely have to get the rest in pbook too seeing as there is only 5 to go
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #6
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
you work fast!

'N' is now $4.99 and 'L' and 'M' are $5.99 on Sony's site.
Unfortunately no, that was not my work. I checked and those were the prices before I went and hinted at Sony. And still, while I could consider buying my 'N' at $4.99, I'd much prefer if Sony could meet the Amazon $2.99 price!

I'll keep checking back, if we are lucky, Sony and BN will price match now that it is pointed out to them.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #7
preludevtec94
preludevtec94 began at the beginning.

Device: reader sony
Sony has same price, I just checked.
preludevtec94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sony and BooksOnBoard have reduced theirs now.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
wandalynn
Addict

NightBird, thanks for posting - just bought 'M, N, and O' from Sony.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #10
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Thanks!! Bought 5 of them from Sony. A, B, M, N, O
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #11
graycyn
Wizard

Yep, after posting on Sony's Facebook wall yesterday, today they sent me a link and the prices are the same as Amazon! Huzzah! Off to buy me some mysteries to fill in my series!

Nice to see Sony react quickly, once notified! It never hurts to ask!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #12
graycyn
Wizard

Got K,L,N,O and one non-sale book, D for myself today from Sony.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
NightBird
Wizard

YW, all!

Kobo has reduced a few:

$3.99

B Is for Burglar

$4.99

C is for Corpse

L Is for Lawless

Sony and Amazon have added M Is for Malice to the $3.99 group.

Sony

Amazon
Old 10-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Sony and Amazon have added M Is for Malice to the $3.99 group.
hurrah! procrastination pays off
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #15
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
hurrah! procrastination pays off
Heehee. Sometimes, but then sometimes you lose out. It's hard to know which way to go.

I am finding that with the Amazon summer sales, 100-book-under-$3.99-type sales it's better to wait until the end and let the competitors drive the prices down more.