Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Sony Library Help

Hoping someone can help me please. last night I was in SL and I double clicked on a book to open it and instantly the SL disappeared ie shut down. I reopened it and the page was blank all the books had appeared to have gone.
When i clicked on the books icon it just freezes and wont do anything.
I tried importing a book into the library but although the status symbol keeps turning, thats all it does, even leaving it for ages.

I uninstalled SL and redownloaded but its still the same. If I click on the pictures icon I can see all the covers for the books just cannot get the books icon to work.
By the way it does recognise the reader when I plug it in
Anyone had anything similar
appreciate any help and if possible keep it simple as Im not great with computers etc

Last edited by Kiwimick; 01-22-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Add Info
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I suggest uninstalling the software, then finding the "kinowa" folder and delting it as well before re-installing.

You might search this forum for the word "Kinowa" as there might be other folders that lurk about even after an uninstall.

Hope that helps.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 03:37 AM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Sorry to correct you DJ,
it's "kinoma" not "kinowa"

See post here
#3 for Link to the Windows-Solution
#4 & #5 for Bookworm_Girls Links for MAC
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Thank you thank you DJ and Mark

It worked, well sort of, I have the version 2.5 installer and I used that to reinstall (This was left on my computer as I had loads of trouble updating to version 3 previously) and that worked and i redownloaded some books ok. I then tried updating to V3 and that basically just went back to how it was last night. So I went through the process again and am happy to leave it on version 2.5 as I only really use it for Library books as I mainly use Calibre.
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Sorry to correct you DJ,
it's "kinoma" not "kinowa"

See post here
#3 for Link to the Windows-Solution
#4 & #5 for Bookworm_Girls Links for MAC
Thanks for the correction! I don't know why I can never remember that folder name. They say the...something....is the first to go.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert