Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2024, 10:55 AM   #1
Opus97
Opus97 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod, blackberry playbook
Saving a Heavily Edited Database and Directory

I am reasonably new to this forum. I have been using Calibre for a number of years but I now have an issue. In order to allow my daughter to take the library to her home and peruse the books, I am using version 4.7 portable on a USB hard drive. I have close to 40,000 books. They come from the original directory that contained all of the books as well as a new directory that was created when calibre built its database. I have spent many, many hours cleaning things up like making sure all books have a proper cover and that each entry points to a valid ebook file, as well as deleting duplicates. Is there a way save this clean information to a new directory structure without fearing losing all the time that I spent editing?

Thanx
Opus97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:40 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Library folder is THE LIBRARY. (you should never do any changes inside this folder EXCEPT Copy it in its entirety) I contains The DB, Books and covers. It also contains files to allow rebuilding a damaged database fairly quickly. (do not use ADD Books to rebuild...Last resort)

The original source for the books is just an archive (if wanted.) and can be moved or tossed .

Calibre has included a tool to backup a USERS settings and Libraries (yes, it will include those if they show in the Library icon) and User plugins and settings
Click the Library Icon Export/Import all Library data (this is where a previous Export is Imported) <you need a large drive that can hold all these at once (not the same flash as the Library is on) Get a portable HD or SSD, Flash is very slow and will take hours (or more) for a typical MR users Library.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
directory, edit, save