Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-07-2023, 10:33 AM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Amazon US Prime $5 credit for $50 e-gift card purchase

I happened to hover over the Prime tab on my Amazon US home page this morning, and found an offer for a $5 credit if I buy $50 worth of e-gift cards. It's billed as a "Mothers Day" offer, but I don't see any specific time frame actually mentioned.

I have sent myself a $50 e-gift card, and will come back and update if I have any issues getting the $5 credit.

The link was: https://www.amazon.com/b?node=102952850011

And since it says at the top "Congrats, you're eligible for this offer", I suspect it may be a generic link. Maybe someone else can come back here and post if it worked for them.

Or else you can try hovering over your own "Prime" tab...

And, of course, as I always do with such offers, I have a screenshot of the offer in case I have to go argue for it !

Last edited by sufue; 05-07-2023 at 04:08 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 10:39 AM   #2
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, and I forgot to add the screenshot from when I purchased the e-gift card. Which is re-assuring...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle 5 on 50 gift card mothers day 2023.PNG
Views:	136
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	201435  
Old 05-07-2023, 11:45 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The generic link worked for me, thank you. Except that I didn't get the popup in your screenshot after I purchased the gc!

Honestly, if this doesn't work I'm going to let it go, although I'll be annoyed. It's just too much trouble these days to chase down CS when things go wrong -- and they're going wrong a lot lately.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 01:04 PM   #4
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Fingers crossed for you
Old 05-08-2023, 07:26 PM   #5
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
On my Amazon home page there's a little block for this promo, the link goes here. (After stripping off the cruft.)

On that page you can click a button to apply the offer to your account and see the (rather long) list of terms and conditions:

Spoiler:
Receive a $5 promotional credit for a future Amazon.com eligible order when you purchase Amazon.com eGift Cards valued at $50 or more in a single order on Amazon.com by May 14, 2023. In order to qualify for the $5 promotional code, you must (1) be a current Prime member; (2) click the button on the Offer Terms & Conditions page to apply the offer to your account; and (3) purchase at least $50 in qualifying Amazon.com eGift Cards in a single order at Amazon.com beginning 12:00 a.m. (PT), May 1, 2023 and ending 11:59 p.m., May 14 2023 (PT) or when supplies have been exhausted, whichever occurs first (the “Promotion Period”).
  • For qualifying purchases, a promotional credit of $5.00 will be automatically applied to the Amazon.com Prime account that was used to purchase the Amazon.com eGift Card(s) within two (2) days after the qualifying order has been completed or, where applicable, the order has shipped. The Promo Credit is valid until 29th June 2023, 11:59PM (PST).
  • Limit one promotional credit per Amazon.com Prime account as designated by the primary email address.
  • The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is a $5.00 promotional credit.
  • Amazon.com eGift Card purchases must total at least $50 in combined value, and the Amazon.com eGift Card(s) must be purchased in a single order at Amazon.com using a current Prime member account. Amazon.com eGift Cards are subject to Terms and Conditions. Amazon.com eGift Cards purchased through Prime Now do not qualify for this promotion.
  • Void where prohibited.
  • The Promo credit may be redeemed on Amazon.com, towards the purchase of eligible products listed on and sold by Amazon.com.
  • The Promo Credit may not be combined with any other promotional offer.
  • Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the Offer at any time.
  • If you place an order using a promotional credit and then return or cancel that order, the promotional credit cannot be refunded or re-used.
  • Offer valid on Amazon.com Gift Cards sold and delivered by ACI Gift Cards, LLC and purchased at Amazon.com between 12:00 a.m. (PT), May 1, 2023 and 11:59 p.m., May 14, 2023 (PT). This offer is not valid on any Amazon.com eGift Cards that are purchased prior to 12:00 a.m., May 1, 2023 or those purchased on May 1, 2023 through May 14, 2023 but scheduled for delivery after May 14, 2023.
  • Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges, if applicable, do not apply when determining the minimum purchase amount.
  • You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the promotional credit has been added to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit.
  • The promotional credit only applies to products and digital content sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product or content detail page) and all eBooks made available through Amazon.com. Products and digital content (except for eBooks) sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities, including Prime Now LLC, will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
  • The promotional credit may not be applied towards the purchase of products sold by, or under the brands of third parties, or sold through third-party areas of Amazon.com.
  • Promotional credits may not be redeemed for or applied toward the purchase of any gift cards sold at Amazon.com, including Amazon.com Gift Cards.
  • Any promotional credit remaining unredeemed after June 29, 2023 11:59:59 p.m. (PT) will be forfeited.
  • This promotion may not be combined with other credits or special offers.
  • This promotion cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com.
  • The savings from the promotional credit will be reflected on the final checkout page of qualifying orders.
  • If any of the products or content purchased in conjunction with the use of the promotional credit are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. In determining the amount you paid for the product or content, the promotional credit will be proportionately applied to all eligible purchases within the transaction.
  • The promotional credit is non–transferable, non–exchangeable, not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
  • Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
  • If you violate any of these terms and conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
  • Void where prohibited.
  • Recipients of the gift cards can redeem the gift card value towards their Prime membership at the https://www.amazon.com/amazonprime.
  • Additional restrictions apply, see www.amazon.com/promos for details.

After clicking the apply button it takes you to the generic link posted by sufue, so you may need to apply it before you can get the credit. However, the link I posted still shows the apply to account button when revisiting it, so it might be okay if you didn't. I'd suggest applying it first, just to be extra cautious.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 03:08 PM   #6
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Oh, and I forgot to come back yesterday and indicate that my credit came within a very short time after the purchased gift card was issued. So it did work for me.

(But as @Manabi mentions, I also went through the link and "clicked to apply"...)
Old 05-09-2023, 10:17 PM   #7
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Used the provided link but did NOT get the $5. I saw a big banner indicating I was eligible but no button to "apply" the credit to my account.
No big deal, just providing input.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 11:39 AM   #8
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I got the card yesterday, and got the $5 credit pretty much instantly. The egift card came about fifteen minutes later.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 09:28 AM   #9
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Did you page down a bit? For me the "apply" button was almost off the page as it first loaded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Used the provided link but did NOT get the $5. I saw a big banner indicating I was eligible but no button to "apply" the credit to my account.
No big deal, just providing input.
Old 05-11-2023, 08:53 PM   #10
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Did you page down a bit? For me the "apply" button was almost off the page as it first loaded...
Yep, sure did. Oh well, no biggie.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote