bgaugler
bgaugler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe 64gb
Custom Columns edit fields

When in I click/toggle my view from cover to grid
https://imgur.com/tuxWiSn
I can click on a field to edit (if it is not a "custom column" data field
https://imgur.com/VQjYURB

If it is any data field from any custom column's ... I can't edit it !
I use to be able to do that !!

Last edited by bgaugler; 03-29-2019 at 02:10 PM.
bgaugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Press F2 to edit
but there is a TWEAK that allow a simple double click

Code:
# Control behavior of the book list

doubleclick_on_library_view = 'do_nothing'   <<<<<< change this

enter_key_behavior = 'do_nothing'

horizontal_scrolling_per_column = True
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:59 PM   #3
bgaugler

Thank you for your response ... I tried your suggestion ...but it did not work

I cannot single click to edit custom metadata

“Custom metadata” tab does not display any of the “Custom Column” data either
Old 03-29-2019, 03:16 PM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Built-from-other-columns custom columns cannot be edited since they are virtual only.

Did you use a plugin to protect/hide them from editing and then forgot you had done so? There is a Job Spy GUI Tool to do that intentionally. If you did that, you can simply undo it.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
bgaugler

That is undoubtedly the problem... Now I need to try and figure out Where that menu selection is Within "Job Spy" and try to disable it ...
Old 03-29-2019, 04:22 PM   #6
bgaugler

Well, still nothing .. I deleted a few plugins ...didn't help ... reran the setup wizard ... uninstalled Calibre ...and reinstalled it ... nothing

I just don't know where to go from here ??
Old 03-29-2019, 04:29 PM   #7
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If that is what you did, then you are wasting your time doing anything except what I said to do. Job Spy tool menu pick for it says words like hide/protect custom columns from edit metadata.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgaugler View Post
That is undoubtedly the problem... Now I need to try and figure out Where that menu selection is Within "Job Spy" and try to disable it ...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-03-30 073543.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	170473

It'll be the same on a button bar drop down

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:00 PM   #9
bgaugler

Quote:
anything except what I said to do
I did what you said ... It did work ... (as a novice ... I must of not followed directions very well)

THANK YOU all for your help

Tags
custom columns, edit