Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #781
melodyh
melodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
Still no way to make the mod work on KA1 without database crash?
Weeeeellll...I decided to take a chance and use the nightmode activated by the png file build posted by surquizu and located here on my KA1, and...it works FLAWLESSLY. I am so happy.

I goofed around before that to try to get the build that uses the brightness to toggle to work, and had no luck. Was using full-time nightmode inversion until my Kobo updated and I was back to square one.

melodyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #782
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyh View Post
Weeeeellll...I decided to take a chance and use the nightmode activated by the png file build posted by surquizu and located here on my KA1, and...it works FLAWLESSLY. I am so happy.

I goofed around before that to try to get the build that uses the brightness to toggle to work, and had no luck. Was using full-time nightmode inversion until my Kobo updated and I was back to square one.

And you got no database crash in calibre???!!
Cause to me, it was working, but corrupt the database. I couldn't use calibre anymore
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #783
melodyh
melodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
And you got no database crash in calibre???!!
Cause to me, it was working, but corrupt the database. I couldn't use calibre anymore
I don't use calibre, so no crash. It does seem to be much laggier than before, and the battery lasts for a much shorter time, but that might be due to not inverting the screen all the time.
melodyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #784
ebok
ebok began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyh View Post
I don't use calibre, so no crash. It does seem to be much laggier than before, and the battery lasts for a much shorter time, but that might be due to not inverting the screen all the time.
Does this still work on the new update? Anyone? Thanks.
ebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:05 PM   #785
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebok View Post
Does this still work on the new update? Anyone? Thanks.
I still use it on Kobo Glo HD 4.8.11073. I had no problem so far. I can't comment on Calibre, though. I don't use it.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:59 AM   #786
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
I'm on a H2O Edition 1 with firmware 3.19.5761 and KSM 07 and I think I have by now tried every patch and method in this thread and none of them works. Not the slider and not the png file and not the "invertActive=yes" in .kobo/nightmode.ini (they just have no effect) and not the "nickelpreload="root/screeInv.so" in KSM [nickel] section (this freezes Nickel after it loads to home screen).

Is there some other way?
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #787
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Nightmode updated for SLL CPU devices

The new devices use a newer CPU. The existing nightmode hacks will not work with these CPUs. There is an update to the hack to support these CPUs. This is at https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...r/KoboRoot.tgz.

This should work for all Kobo devices. It will be needed for the Clara HD and the updated Aura Edition 2 and Aura H2O Edition 2 devices. The latter can be identified for by a "2" in the seventh character of the serial number. For the other devices, it should work with all firmware versions starting with 4.2.8283.

Other than the update to support the new CPUs, there is no change to the hack. Installation and changing the mode works as before.

Note: I have not tested this. I do not have one of the newer devices to try it on, and do not normally use the mode at all. But, the source for the update is very reliable.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #788
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The new devices use a newer CPU.
Hi David,

Are these new devices using i.MX6 SoloLite CPU? And are there any performance gains compared to the previous i.MX507 since both of them
are running at 1GHz.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #789
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Are these new devices using i.MX6 SoloLite CPU? And are there any performance gains compared to the previous i.MX507 since both of them
are running at 1GHz.
No, I don't believe they are the i.MX 6SoloLite. The name I have is "i.MX 6SLL". The details I have I posted here. I have no idea if this is expected to faster or not. There haven't been any comments from those with the devices with these CPUs one way or the other.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #790
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, I don't believe they are the i.MX 6SoloLite. The name I have is "i.MX 6SLL". The details I have I posted here. I have no idea if this is expected to faster or not. There haven't been any comments from those with the devices with these CPUs one way or the other.
That is interesting. The i.MX6 SoloLite has integrated E Ink display controller however. More puzzles to solve

https://www.nxp.com/support/develope...-kit:IMX6SLEVK
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:31 AM   #791
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The (relevant to our usecase) iMX5/6/7 series *all* have an integrated eInk controller (i.e., the SoC on most of your eInk readers always had one).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #792
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe the SLL is an update to the SL or SoloLite. See https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/applicat...te/AN11988.pdf
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #793
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I bought a Clara HD yesterday and so far it seems quite speedy.

I sideloaded 400 or so epubs and the processing time on the device was less than a minute.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #794
kirabee
kirabee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Night Mode Won't Work After Installation

Hi!

I have followed all the instructions (I think) and still cannot get night mode to work on my Kobo Glo. I copied and pasted the koboroot.tgz in the .Kobo file on my reader, ejected my reader and it restarted and everything but still I cannot get the night mode to turn on. When I hold down the light button it just turns the backlight on and off. Please help! I'm trying to read in bed at night but the backlight wakes up my partner so I am really hoping I can get this to work!

Cheers
kirabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #795
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirabee View Post
Hi!

I have followed all the instructions (I think) and still cannot get night mode to work on my Kobo Glo. I copied and pasted the koboroot.tgz in the .Kobo file on my reader, ejected my reader and it restarted and everything but still I cannot get the night mode to turn on. When I hold down the light button it just turns the backlight on and off. Please help! I'm trying to read in bed at night but the backlight wakes up my partner so I am really hoping I can get this to work!
What firmware version are you running, and which version of the hack did you install?

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch