Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #16
lanfearl
lanfearl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3

so can you fix this so it displays two pages ones correctly? Then it would be perfect.
lanfearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #17
Shike
Official Cyber Punk ^_-
Shike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by talz13 View Post
I might be able to make it rotate 90 degrees. Right now it does split landscape pages on purpose, since I felt that double wide was too hard to see on my kindle 2

When you say the split page order is reversed, is the right side of the page first? If so, I did it that way for left-to-right reading direction for manga. I might add an option for LTR or RTL in the future.

Thanks for that! It made my day
Sorry I haven't posted back in a while. You're right that it's RTL, since that's how most scanslations are organized IME. For example:

Named - Actual Page

01 - pg1
02 - pg2
03 - pg3

For LTR to work would require:

Named - Actual Page

01 - pg1
03 - pg2
02 - pg3

Unless I'm missing something :?

Anyway, a RTL option should solve it as long as it doesn't impact the other non-split page order. I'm not a fan of rotation either, but whichever is easier for you if you can add one would be very helpful
Shike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
Ayle
Enthusiast
Ayle began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 650
Got the Sony 650 at the end I still think your program may be fantastic even for pc manga readers as the automatic populate function would be awesome at putting order at manga folders May I ask for cbz/cbr output? It could then be used with calibre, ergo with any sony/nook/others readers. Thanks!
Ayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #19
talz13
talz13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
Got the Sony 650 at the end I still think your program may be fantastic even for pc manga readers as the automatic populate function would be awesome at putting order at manga folders May I ask for cbz/cbr output? It could then be used with calibre, ergo with any sony/nook/others readers. Thanks!
Sorry I've been away for so long, been busy with lots of other stuff for a while. Also, I can't seem to get my code to run on my other PC that I'm using all the time. The python code works fine on my desktop at home and on my virtual-xp, but not on my work PC (also XP)... I might get around to making updates someday

Regarding other types of output, I don't think I'll be including that as the main purpose of my app is to take an archive file INPUT and write all the contents to a folder. Changing the output to archive files (cbz and cbr are just regular zip and rar files, AFAIK) would just be changing the function of the app to a glorified rename command

I'm not saying it wouldn't be helpful, just that it doesn't add much functionality for what I need it to do (output stuff to read on my kindle).
talz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #20
Ayle
Enthusiast
Ayle began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 650
awwwww oh well, thanks for considering it anyhow. Though I've never seen something that actually put order to manga ^^ so congrats on that idea. Will look if there are other alternatives, I would really like such a glorified rename program ^^
Ayle is offline   Reply With Quote