Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #196
cornspicious
cornspicious began at the beginning.

Device: none
At risk of being a bit off-topic, I'm asking for help in removing my Kindle 4NT from its case. I bought this slim PU leather case, and my Kindle seems stuck in it. I already tried pulling down the corners of the case and squeezing a credit card between the case and the Kindle.

Can anyone tell me the how to pry the Kindle out of this devilish contraption without breaking either of them in half?
cornspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #197
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornspicious View Post
At risk of being a bit off-topic, I'm asking for help in removing my Kindle 4NT from its case. I bought this slim PU leather case, and my Kindle seems stuck in it. I already tried pulling down the corners of the case and squeezing a credit card between the case and the Kindle.

Can anyone tell me the how to pry the Kindle out of this devilish contraption without breaking either of them in half?
You need to hold the upper lefter corner in your hand and apply a short pression on the opposite corner to pop this opposite corner, the lower right one, out of the cover. Once that's done, do the same with holding the upper right one and getting the lower left out. Afterwards the whole lower part is out and you just pull out the kindle.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #198
cornspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
You need to hold the upper lefter corner in your hand and apply a short pression on the opposite corner to pop this opposite corner, the lower right one, out of the cover. Once that's done, do the same with holding the upper right one and getting the lower left out. Afterwards the whole lower part is out and you just pull out the kindle.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Though still no dice for this boy. I've followed your instructions but the Kindle seems more pliable than the case, and I feel uncomfortable bending any kind of screen or circuit board. The rigidity should have raised red flags the moment I tried to pop it in.

Meh, my previous Kindle's overpriced cover was a daily reminder of me being a spendthrift, now I have one of being a cheapskate.

Edit: It's been five minutes, but it's bugging me too much: the case is junk, it might have been 10$, but the moment it comes off, I'm gonna send it back to China.

Last edited by cornspicious; 10-23-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #199
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Wrap a strong paperclip in some tape and use it as a pry-tool. Works w wonders.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #200
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Cornspicious, try the left lower corner, then. Bend the case around the lower left corner until it comes apart from the device, the the lower right.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #201
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Ha. I didn't really realise what it cost to pry ipad (in my case) out of a cheapo Chinese cover until I tried 2 days ago. Two broken nails, hurting fingers and time to wrestle. I managed but oh dear.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #202
cornspicious

You must have a dayjob as a blacksmith and munch iron nails for breakfast. I had to stick a credit card between the Kindle and the case, lay it flat on my table with the corner near the card sticking out, then push down the corner with the tip of a ballpoint pen. And repeat it with the corner on the same side...

Well-learnt life lessons aside, my next bet is to pick up a Hama Lettura case, at least it has a magnetic clasp and a strong front, though access to the lower part of the 5 way controller seems limited.

Last edited by cornspicious; 10-25-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #203
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornspicious View Post
You must have a dayjob as a blacksmith and munch iron nails for breakfast. I had to stick a credit card between the Kindle and the case, lay it flat on my table with the corner near the card sticking out, then push down the corner with the tip of a ballpoint pen. And repeat it with the corner on the same side...

Well-learnt life lessons aside, my next bet is to pick up a Hama Lettura case, at least it has a magnetic clasp and a strong front, though access to the lower part of the 5 way controller seems limited.
Before you buy it check this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...&s=electronics
I already have a TeckNet cover for PW and it is fantastic. And just ordered one for ipad too.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #204
cornspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Before you buy it check this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...&s=electronics
I already have a TeckNet cover for PW and it is fantastic. And just ordered one for ipad too.
Wonderful and seems affordable, too. Thanks for the tip!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #205
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
I got this one for my dad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190868113577...84.m1439.l2649 (Haven't received it yet but for $6.61; can't go too wrong :-)

For me, I am considering this one: http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Amazon...I1FCXWPY4KWUAV But, I a not sure how the flap will be while reading, etc. Does anybody have experience with this type of case??? Opinions?
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #206
Avalona
Enthusiast
Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Fire 8 (2020)
I use Tuff-Luv cases for 3 out of 4 of my readers. This is the one on my PW2, and I've got a blue version of the same style for my Kobo Touch (and a black floral one for my Sony PRS-T1). I like them - they're reasonably priced and just work (they're pretty thick but lightweight). After the fiasco with the PRS-T1's original case (I had to basically break the case to get the device out), I decided that I needed something that was easy to take the device out of, and Tuff-Luv won.

Just throwing that brand into the pile for people looking for a new case.
Avalona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #207
Outrager
Connoisseur
Outrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyr1 View Post
I got this one for my dad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190868113577...84.m1439.l2649 (Haven't received it yet but for $6.61; can't go too wrong :-)

For me, I am considering this one: http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Amazon...I1FCXWPY4KWUAV But, I a not sure how the flap will be while reading, etc. Does anybody have experience with this type of case??? Opinions?
I find the flaps to be pretty annoying and where it bends they usually start to come apart within a few months in these cheaper cases.
Outrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #208
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Like Outrager, I dislike flaps and make sure none of my cases ever have them any more. I hate them, especially when they are in the way when the device is open, as the flap can scratch the screen or simply cover part of the screen. Why they don't add the flas to the opposite side from the device, I will neve understand. Such a simple thing to do.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #209
kledor
dreamer
kledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW
My question is to those who have a case (or, y'know, cases... ) from googleproduct on ebay: do you know what kind of screen protector they attach to the packages? I know it's some generic, cheap thing, but I recently swapped my protector to this one and I like it. I checked and they don't sell it separately, but I'd like to have a spare on hand.
I thought about ordering another case from them just for the screen protector, but I don't even use the previous one (instead I have a TPU cover + sleeve combo).
kledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #210
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Googleproduct gives you a screenprotector with the case, but I don't use it.

An e-reader screen is too weak to be protected by a screen protector. If it's hit hard enough to be scratched, it'll probably just break.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote