Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
$5 Credit on $20 in Ebook Purchases at Amazon (Might Be Targeted).

I got an offer, in my email, to spend $20 and get $5.

Your shopping spree starts today, and ends May 27.

Here's the webpage that my email message sent me to. I have no way of testing it in Chrome, since I got the email through Gmail, and opened the webpage, about the deal, in Chrome. I tried in Firefox, and got the same offer, but I had to sign in to Amazon, so the system may have picked up on the fact that I was the same guy who was just at Chrome.

Good luck.

Amazon didn't have to tell me to spend $20 within a week. It's only if I didn't spend $20 or more in a week that they should be worried.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:09 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
They have deals like this from time to time.
Getting an additional 25% on credit toward one's purchase(s) (by spending $20) is not a bad deal.

It may be time now to buy the Goytisolo ebook I've been longing for:

https://www.amazon.com/Recounting-An...r=1-3-fkmrnull

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-22-2019 at 07:12 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:21 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Well, it's a 20% discount at best; spend $25 on ebooks and get $5 off. And that 20% depends on how closely you can hit the two targets of $20 and $5; i.e., it could be significantly less.

Still, it's a way to get a discount on those books whose price never budges so I'll have to look at my wishlist and have a hard think. Thanks for the heads up.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:08 AM   #4
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I have a lot on my wishlist, just for times like this. Thanks for the heads up!
DuskyRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I plan to spend the closet to $20 on an ebook(s) as possible. (I've done something like this before with Amazon, spending a few pennies over whatever it was that I chose at that time.)

Then I'll have $5 extra to spend. Or hold onto it as credit for a future purchase.

Thank you for the heads up on this, GtrsRGr8.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Just make sure to read the Terms & Conditions. The $5 credit expires 30 days after it is applied to your account.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #7
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I had to press an activate button. I wonder if it just works on its own or if they don't count until you do that? So check on that too. I had a few books I was about to buy anyway and for a series I am stocking up on it will mean one book almost free. Since those never go on sale or are in libraries/Ku, its a good deal.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Note from the fine print: your ebook credit expires 30 days after it is applied to your account.

when does credit arrive: within 4 days after spending $20 on Kindle eBooks. Email notification after it has been applied.

which books count toward the $20 purchase requirement: any Kindle eBook, but not pre-orders.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:12 AM   #9
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
<snip>
Amazon didn't have to tell me to spend $20 within a week. It's only if I didn't spend $20 or more in a week that they should be worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Well, it's a 20% discount at best; spend $25 on ebooks and get $5 off. And that 20% depends on how closely you can hit the two targets of $20 and $5; i.e., it could be significantly less.

Still, it's a way to get a discount on those books whose price never budges so I'll have to look at my wishlist and have a hard think. Thanks for the heads up.
Et al.

I was only halfway kidding when I said, "Amazon didn't have to [I should have written, "need to"] tell me to spend $20 . . . ." It is probably not unusual for me to spend $20 or more per week (yes, I need to go visit the Ebook Buying Addicts thread, after I get through with this post ).

Amazon would probably call the local sheriff's office and ask them to do a "well-being check" (to make sure that I wasn't dead, disabled, or whatever) on me at my house, if I spent less than, say, $10 in a week.

I bought a $9.99 ebook from Amazon the night before last. I will practically never pay $9.99 for an ebook. But I wanted it badly and I looked at it as spending only $5.00, because Amazon was going to give me a $5 credit in a few weeks.

I had already spent $1.99 (or maybe it was $2.99) on an ebook earlier in the day. So, spending the balance of the $20 in the next few days is practically a "given."

Just my way of looking at it. YMMV.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-23-2019 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:35 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

The last time I took advantage of a deal like this from Amazon, it was a matter of a few days when the credit was issued to my account. Future purchases (within that 30-day window) are applied first using that $5 credit.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:46 AM   #11
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The last time I took advantage of a deal like this from Amazon, it was a matter of a few days when the credit was issued to my account. Future purchases (within that 30-day window) are applied first using that $5 credit.
My $5 credit arrived within minutes. Spent even quicker than that. Lol.
DuskyRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #12
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My $5 credit was there as soon as I refreshed the screen. Bought $20.09 worth of books that were already discounted and used the $5 for a book that is never discounted.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:42 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Perhaps I was in a coma!
Old 05-27-2019, 02:36 AM   #14
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

A reminder . . . .

You must have bought $20 in ebooks by today, May 27, in order to get your $5 credit. To be exact, you have until 11:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time.

I haven't found a counter, on Amazon's website anywhere, that registers the amount of money that you've spent on ebooks with them since the starting date of the promo, May 22. I have resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably have to go to "Content and Devices" and add up the numbers for myself.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:48 AM   #15
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

PLEASE IGNORE. Everything appears to be straight. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
My $5 credit was there as soon as I refreshed the screen. Bought $20.09 worth of books that were already discounted and used the $5 for a book that is never discounted.
I spent the full $20, but I haven't gotten my full bonus yet.

I bought an ebook, and got a $1.07 credit. Beside the credit, it said something to the effect that it was the $5 bonus! Has anyone else had this problem?

The instructions did say that it could take up to 4 days to get the credit.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-28-2019 at 02:27 AM.