Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 06:50 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Question when connected to content server - options

can I hide options that i never use e.g. sort by languages ( all my books are in English)
what controls the list of options that CC offers on this screen
I note that it changes if I connect to cloud instead of to content server, but I don't have languages shown in my calibre tag browser or in any column headings ?
I'd like to lose sort by languages, by ratings, & by publisher from the cc content server options, if that is possible ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
can I hide options that i never use e.g. sort by languages ( all my books are in English)
what controls the list of options that CC offers on this screen
I note that it changes if I connect to cloud instead of to content server, but I don't have languages shown in my calibre tag browser or in any column headings ?
I'd like to lose sort by languages, by ratings, & by publisher from the cc content server options, if that is possible ?
No. The categories shown by the content server connection are those that calibre sends. Calibre version 2 (the current calibre) has a tweak that lets the user define which custom columns are included, but there is no way to control which "base" columns are there. The new v3 content server has the same capability as V2, but as options instead of tweaks.

The cloud connection is entirely handled by CC, which is why it offers defining which fields (items) are displayed.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
ok thanks - bit of a first world problem anyway, simply wanted but to not have to scroll down past the ones I never need
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote