Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2018, 04:12 AM   #106
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris01 View Post
reset to factory settings?
This pretty much removes the jailbreak.

No idea what other steps are required if you've installed the Rescue Packs.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:18 AM   #107
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
To finally destroy the jailbreak you should reset the device and then install official customer firmware update.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #108
jmes2
jmes2 began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
KOReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There is no known, consumer, 5.10.0.2
That must be the "factory" 5.10.0.2 that you used to jail break the device.

The "factory" firmware builds are intended for use IN THE FACTORY by the QC process.
None of our add-ins where ever intended to run on a "factory (use only)" firmware.

Update your device to the current, consumer, firmware and then try again.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...4HPVAW86CHYHKS
If you did not skip the "hotfix" package installation, your jb will be protected during the update of the firmware.
If you did skip the "hotfix" package installation, install that before updating your Kindle firmware.

After the firmware update, re-install all of our add-ins, being certain to follow the directions for each.

You do have to push all of the buttons in the correct order, or things will not work correctly:

(Do not try that at home if you have a weak left hand.)

In the evening, I upgraded the Kindle to the latest version 5.10.2, but unfortunately KOReader still can't run, continue to flash back, I don't know if your equipment can run normally. If you can, can you share the specific steps and related tools? ,thank you for your reply!
jmes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #109
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmes2 View Post
In the evening, I upgraded the Kindle to the latest version 5.10.2, but unfortunately KOReader still can't run, continue to flash back, I don't know if your equipment can run normally. If you can, can you share the specific steps and related tools? ,thank you for your reply!
In case you missed it, we have a thread on KUAL here, see this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #110
matko
Enthusiast
matko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
Despite my readings on this forum, I can not understand why only factory firmwares can be jailbreaked but not an updated firmware.
If this is a piece of software that Amazon adds in the updated firmware to prevent jailbreak, why not add it to factory one's too ?

What is the main technical cause that prevents to jailbreak updates firmware ?
matko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #111
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7
Connoisseur
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW4 32GB (G000 T607) 5.12.3
> What is the main technical cause that prevents to jailbreak updates firmware ?

Lack of known exploits.

*Guessing*, possibly very wrongly, how the process used in this thread works - It looks like factory-shipped devices are able to be flashed with non-signed builds which is what coplate abuses by creating a custom build of the firmware with a vulnerability.

---

If you care about exploiting Linux systems, you could play Linux-based CTFs to gain at least basic understanding of things. And pick up a book like TLCL.

http://overthewire.org/wargames/
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #112
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matko View Post
Despite my readings on this forum, I can not understand why only factory firmwares can be jailbreaked but not an updated firmware.
If this is a piece of software that Amazon adds in the updated firmware to prevent jailbreak, why not add it to factory one's too ?

What is the main technical cause that prevents to jailbreak updates firmware ?
LAB126 calls it "Downgrade Protection".
The factory use only firmware builds have other differences.
It was added to the Kindle's public (consumer) firmware builds to block one of our jail break methods.

Why would they need or want to limit the factory's Q.C. division access to the hardware?
They would be better off preventing copies of the factory firmware builds from falling out of a back window of the factory. Just the mailing cost from China is a lot to spend (none of this site's ad revenue ever shows up at this forum).

Keep in mind that these electronic devices require time to produce and in the case of a popular item, they must be produced in the 100,000s (sometimes, millions) before release to the public.

Considering that point, why do you find anything strange about having a firmware version built in time to begin using at the start of the production run and a different firmware version built in time to install after public release?
Keeping in mind that the two time points will be months apart, sometimes years apart.

If the above speculations are not enough of an answer, you will have to ask Amazon. We have nothing to do with the hardware and software development scheduling.
(We only screw with it after market.)

Last edited by knc1; 11-22-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #113
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
KUAL Problems

I succeeded in Jailbreak of Paperwhite4, but i have problems to install KUAL.
.azw2 doesnt anything.
BTW: I am not really familiar with English, and I donot know, how to proceed with jar (KUALBooklet.jar)

Last edited by ottischwenk; 11-22-2018 at 12:46 PM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #114
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
.azw2 doesnt anything.
BTW: I am not really familiar with English
See the KUAL thread here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326

You need the booklet version of KUAL as the latest versions of the firmware disable kindlets.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #115
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7
Connoisseur
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW4 32GB (G000 T607) 5.12.3
Quote:
.azw2 doesnt anything.
BTW: I am not really familiar with English, and I donot know, how to proceed with jar (KUALBooklet.jar)
The post you found also has a .zip with 'coplate' in it, use that one, it's not a jar.
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #116
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
See the KUAL thread here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326

You need the booklet version of KUAL as the latest versions of the firmware disable kindlets.
I know, but I donot know, how to use it - what to do with KUALBooklet.jar and what to do with KUALBooklet-coplate-d20a095-20181108.zip?
I think, Update_KUALBooklet_d20a095_install.bin must be placed in a Folder mrpackages, but what to do with KUALBooklet.jar?
Old 11-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #117
knc1
Going Viral

Nothing, leave it alone.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #118
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nothing, leave it alone.
When entering ;log rpmi then: no user script found
Old 11-22-2018, 04:20 PM   #119
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ottischwenk: Typo! That's ;log mrpi (and not rpmi) .

EDIT: Two answers for the price of one! .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #120
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
When entering ;log rpmi then: no user script found
Try:
;log mrpi

Tags
jailbreak, pw4