Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #31
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll second mythology.

I'll nominate lottery(3).
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #32
jemc
Quietly Lurking...
jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, iDevices, others
Third Mythology.
jemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:27 AM   #33
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Third short stories and humor.

Or is humor a different category?

No, it's just as funny with or without the u.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #34
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Third short stories and humor.

Or is humor a different category?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post

No, it's just as funny with or without the u.

I better live up to my {screen} name and second Fantasy.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #35
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'll third Fantasy.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Graphic novels look terrible on a Kindle, but fantastic on an iPad. They may look fine on a Kindle Fire; I haven't tried it.
Comics, graphic novels, manga, etc. is a rather silly nomination. They don't look all that good on a 6" B&W eInk Reader. You want a larger device with color. So please, take this back and use the nominations for something else.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Should we really be considering books that will not display at all well on a standard 6" e-ink reader?
There is a another issue to be known. A lot of graphic novels are part of a series and not the first book and thus, make poor nominations just for that alone.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm nominating Fantasy.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I nominate Graphic novel
Please do us all a favor and retract that. It just won't work.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #40
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm nominating Fantasy.
It's already been nominated, seconded & thirded.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #41
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
About my nomination of Graphic Novel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Like the sound of that. I haven't serious read any graphic novels for a few years, but would like to again, so I'll second it.

Might be hard to get ebook versions though?
Quote:
I haven't read graphic novels for ages, but lately I heard that Uluysses of James Joyce had been made into a graphic novel. And I wondered wether other MR-ers know of more such books.
I don't mean to nominate horror/superman and such........

It is a bit of an experiment, but if someone thinks it isn't right, I'll withdraw my nomination, no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I'll third graphic novel. And while there are many graphic novel adaptations of classic books, there's also a wealth of comic books and manga, some of which are available as ebooks other than CBR or PDF.

If it wins, I'd prefer we selected a book that's designed for the medium, not one that was converted from another format. I wonder if we can find graphic novels designed to be read as ebooks--smaller panels? fewer per screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please do us all a favor and retract that. It just won't work.
As I said before, I will retract my nomination; no problem, but......Orlok and Elfwreck have seconded it and third it.
I think it is polite to ask both if they agree.
Or I could just let it stand and if nobody votes for it......that's it.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #42
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I nominate Philosophy
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
About my nomination of Graphic Novel:

As I said before, I will retract my nomination; no problem, but......Orlok and Elfwreck have seconded it and third it.
I think it is polite to ask both if they agree.
Or I could just let it stand and if nobody votes for it......that's it.
If you pull your nomination, someone else would have to nominate it. But that's OK as the idea is to have it removed from the voting list.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's already been nominated, seconded & thirded.
I was going based on the list in message #2. Guess I get my nomination back.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I am going to nominate users choice (except if the book is in the MR library).