Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Date Search - Include Today

Hey everyone. I'm running into a problem getting my date search in Calibre right and am hoping someone wiser than I has the fix.

I would like to set a date search for all books that have been added within the last two days including books added today. Using date:<2daysago I get books added from the last two days except for any that were added today. Using date:today I do get those books added today (but only those of course). Closing the current session and restarting Calibre does not change whether the books show up in the 2daysago search.

What I'd like is for all books within the last two days (or whatever timeline) to show up. I tried date:<=2daysago would do this (thought logically that doesn't fix it), but the search results were identical to date:2<daysago. Long shot but date:today and date<2daysago results in a green search bar (valid) but no books found.

I'm sure I'm just missing something little but any help is appreciated! It throws me off a bit because less than/before a certain amount should naturally include EVERYTHING before that (which includes today books).

If it matters, I use as a Virtual Library search. This is working fine, it's just not inclusive. THANKS.

Last edited by lazorbeam; 06-05-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Email Notification
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Are you sure you don't mean date:>2daysago

With me I do see books added today as well as in the last few days.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
lazorbeam
Connoisseur

HEY. I think that works. I was regarding this as < equals less than which, here, equals more recent, but maybe it's more of a linear time scale?

This seems good though. When I put in date:>10days, I found only a few books in the results all of which were recently added.

What a simple fix. It confuses me because I was sometimes getting weird search results before when I was fiddling with >,<,=,etc before but I think's related to something else. (I also made a new column a few days ago and it sort of refreshed my whole library which may be affecting things and relative dates).

Thanks for the quick and embarrassingly easy solve! I appreciate your help!

Old 06-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazorbeam View Post
(I also made a new column a few days ago and it sort of refreshed my whole library which may be affecting things and relative dates).
Yes, this is a known issue. Calibre is working exactly as intended and this change to the date is needed in order to make sure that other functions operate correctly. However, as you've found, it does confuse matters because while you don't think you've changed anything, calibre believes you have, and will/won't find books accordingly.

The only real way around this is to create a custom column for a date and to manually change that date. Which is highly unlikely to be implemented because of the extra work.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
lazorbeam
Connoisseur

Yes, definitely unlikely to be implemented. That's okay though. It surprised me but no big deal. Now that I have the date sort figured out, I don't think it matters much.

Thanks again!
Advert

Tags
calibre, date, search, search expresions