Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #1
Abe S
Abe S began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Calibre Library on a NAS device

I have my Calibre Library on a NAS device which works great. I just installed Calibre on my Chromebook so I can use Calibre while traveling. I can connect to the library but none of my books show up. Can anyone shed some light on this enigma?

Thanks in advance,
Abe
Abe S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
From the calibre FAQ: Do not put your calibre library on a networked drive.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 03:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Mirror copies ONLY.
You have been warned, so no whining when things go belly up
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:59 AM   #4
Abe S
Abe S began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thank you. I guess I'll have to move my library and get it available
for mobile use some other way.

Thanks again.
Abe S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 10:11 AM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Calibre has a built-in server that can be accessed via browser.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:31 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you do not want to /can't leave your PC running:
You can 'shadow' the PC Library, just not have the Master remoted.

2 way sync is the other danger, as Calibre has many steps it does when managing data. 2-way can fight this.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:14 PM   #7
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
FWIW I have a VBS file that uses calibredb to export files to a different folder (could be a NAS since it's one way) in a single flat folder

Code:
export --progress --all --dont-save-cover --dont-write-opf --format epub
--single-dir --template "{authors}-{series}{series_index:0>2s|[|]-}{title}"
--to-dir  <<Destination>>
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chromebook, library, nas