Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Changed my Adobe ID - now can't read any books

My Adobe ID was my rather old email address... Went to Adobe to sign up in order to look at the forums with my current email address, and that then changed my ID automatically, I thought.

Looking through the Wiki I found I could de-authorise my computer as well as my Kobo, and re-authorize with the new ID.

Now I can't read any of the epub books I've bought.. I've got about $100 worth on there, not including the free books, I've downloaded recently.

I can't even read them on the program... it says: 'Document is licensed for a different user account'.

Anyone got any idea what I can do?

Thanks
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:19 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Can you download them again? That's really the easiest thing, as long as you still have access to the sites where you bought the books.

Have you used the ... ahem ... scripts to break DRM? If so, you should have your old Adobe key saved and be able to break the DRM and read the books.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have no idea about the DRM, and I think I'm too stupid to work it out...

I have tried to re-download, but it says it's already been downloaded by another user, or something like that...
Old 08-30-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard

The books are still on the sites I originally downloaded them from... They just don't agree with my Adobe ID (I think... )
Old 08-30-2010, 02:35 AM   #5
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I changed my email address just after I started with ebooks. I was terrified the same thing would happen but fortunately it didn't.
Have you contacted Adobe to see if they have a way of linking your accounts? Because it seems like you have 2 accounts not the same account with a new email address.
Good luck.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 02:48 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard

Contacting Adobe is like pulling teeth... I was on the phone to them for 1/2 hours today, and then suddenly cut off... They (the support) have my email address, but maybe they thought I cut them off...

I have since tried calling them 3 times, but it just keeps on ringing...
Old 08-30-2010, 03:01 AM   #7
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
OK well that I understand.
When I had issues with kobobooks.com the people here on MR were much faster in helping than the Kobo help desk.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:11 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Adobe can't fix that. You will need to contact Kobo (or whatever site you bought the books from) and have them reset all of your books to the ADE you are planning on using full time. Tech support was very willing to do that. It was actually done by the level 2 support folks.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:17 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Anyone got any idea what I can do?

Thanks
Switch back to using your old Adobe ID. Then log in to your account with your old id at Adobe.com, go to your account details page, and at the bottom there an 'Edit Your Account Information' link where you can change the email address associated with your old Adobe ID.

You new Adobe ID is useless to you. Ignore it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:20 AM   #10
lene1949
Wizard

Thanks... I'll try that..
Old 08-30-2010, 03:36 AM   #11
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Switch back to using your old Adobe ID. Then log in to your account with your old id at Adobe.com, go to your account details page, and at the bottom there an 'Edit Your Account Information' link where you can change the email address associated with your old Adobe ID.

You new Adobe ID is useless to you. Ignore it.
Now I can at least read the books on the computer, but they're still locked on my Kobo...

I bought the Kobo, so I could read ePub books, which were not available on Amazon or any other site, where you can download books compatible for the Kindle..
Old 08-30-2010, 03:37 AM   #12
lene1949
Wizard

Maybe I should delete them from the Kobo and re-install them?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:42 AM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Now I can at least read the books on the computer, but they're still locked on my Kobo...

I bought the Kobo, so I could read ePub books, which were not available on Amazon or any other site, where you can download books compatible for the Kindle..
If you now have your books readable on your PC, I'd suggest deleting them from your Kobo, unauthorising your Kobo and then re-authorising and copying them back to your Kobo again. See this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1077672 and especially the post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
This is how you do it on a PC, not sure if OSX is different. It assumes that you can see a Kobo in ADE, but for some reason, it needs a new authorization.

Open ADE on your pc, connect the Kobo to the pc.
Then press Ctrl,Shift, E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.

Unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:59 AM   #14
BBel
Enthusiast
BBel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (white cos I like it better!)
Well I never solved my drama so I exchanged the kobo for a new one, has 1.4 installed and works a-ok! I'm also the OP from the link pdurant posted!
BBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 AM   #15
lene1949
Wizard

My problem has now been solved with the help of Adobe and Kobo... Some books I haven't been able to re-download, but I have emailed the shops concerned, and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.