Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #61
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
I'm curious why people are excited about the colors. They sell skins for all sorts of gadgets, in a huge selection of colors and designs. Is it because they don't sell skins for lesser-selling e-readers? (I've never used a skin, but people on the Amazon Kindle board are always going on about them, and say they work well.)
You can get pre-sized skins for the Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Sony, and i-anything, but that's about it in the e-reader category. We're excited about the colors because we can't get skins made for our particular reader.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #62
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
All true.
Looking at the internals of ebook readers it seems everything in them, except the screen, is essentially cell-phone tech. So, once the market matures (not now, not soon) we could expect low-end reader pricing to follow low-end cellphone price curves, with an added cost for the screen. With that as a guideline I'd say the pricing floor looks to be in the $49-79 range. But at that point, sales would have to run into the tens of millions worldwide to get screen costs low enough.
And that's not happening just yet.
You can get cell phone for free with one or two year contract so if companies will sell tens of millions ebook readers they most likely will offer it for free with ebook subscription.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #63
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
fjtorres you can buy a Jetbook light at newegg for 90$. So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't see the mini below that price at some point in the first 3 - 4 months after release.

Which is why I posted the 80$ pricepoint question. I truly think thats what they are aiming for, and possibly below 75$.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #64
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Im actually on vacation right now with sporadic internet but... I contacted Ectaco and while i cant confirm anything about the Mini at the moment I can say that once I get back next week we will officially become a reseller of JetBooks starting with the JetBook Lite.. with more to come
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #65
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Im actually on vacation right now with sporadic internet but... I contacted Ectaco and while i cant confirm anything about the Mini at the moment I can say that once I get back next week we will officially become a reseller of JetBooks starting with the JetBook Lite.. with more to come
nice! congrats on that. i might need me some jetBook MINI's if you get those!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #66
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
This sounds a whole lot like they are coming out with something!!!

Last edited by X read X; 07-16-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #67
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Wait! Does the coupon say it gets 70 hours of reading?!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #68
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
Nice - 3 times more than jetBook Lite. Can you read more pages on JBM if compare with Nook and Kindle?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #69
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I read a page in 20 seconds in my Pocketbook, which has a 5 inch screen. That means, I read 3 pages per minute, 180 per hour. 70 hours would equate 12,600 pages, with a fully efficient system. That being impossible, I shall take away 10% of battery life since I must operate my reader, and do other battery-consuming processes with it. If those numbers make sense, I have more than 11,000 pages for the reader, which is a high number, but around the usual estimates.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #70
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
The 70 hours is more about the lithium batteries than the jetBook. I don't think everyone would be splurging for those batteries. The cost plus the fact that they are single-use would dissuade some from buying them.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #71
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
I propose a wager.

Whoever guesses MSRP and release date wins madddd karma You can say what color you want to make it interesting. Keep in mind the coupon was in the store and expires in DEC 10 so it has to be out within that time.

$119/Aug20/Yellow

I will only count price in whole numbers. Release date will be the official day Ectaco announces anything.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #72
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
$99/Oct 01/Green
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #73
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
$89/September 5th/Red.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #74
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
MSRP US$129, Sept 22, Black.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #75
Kris777
Banned

$99/Sept 1st/Black

Tags
ectaco, ereader, jetbook, jetbook lite, jetbook mini