Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #16
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by petechan View Post
To the last two posters, yes I already know what you are saying. But I guess it is not that clear to some new buyers since from the other postings it seems that they are still buying the wrong device or buying from the wrong bookstores and are upset about it.

I just wonder if any folks new to ebook readers were looking at JB/JBL/Libre, would it not be nice to have a sticky in the thread starter section entitled something like "Info on choosing between JB/JBL/Libre" and get the basic info about differences without wading through all the different threads. I think it would at least be as useful as a "welcome" thread.

I'm guessing that the normal process is to develop a post that is then
made into a sticky by the moderators. So, you could post the starting
"sticky" candidate here. Then that might be made into a sticky as it is
or other posters might add information that you could edit into the
candidate sticky, until it is perfected/ready to be made into a sticky.

Maybe you could title the post as "Sticky Candidate".

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
SciFiGal777
SciFiGal777 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Formerly had Jetbook Lite
The Jetbook Lite is now $112.99 with free shipping on newegg.com. I finally pulled the trigger and got one.
SciFiGal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #18
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Picked up one of those, and 2 regular jetbooks this morning.

The JBL is for me, have new NIZM batterys and charger waiting for it.
Picked up a pair of the regular jetbooks for parents, mine and my wifes.
Along with a pair of 4gig SD cards.

My dad is 85, and computer illiterate so it could be interesting teaching him to use it.
He likes to read, and the small town library where he lives just doesn't have much in the way of large print books. The Jetbook should be a good solution for him. IF I can teach him how to navigate through the menu's.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #19
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
old eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Picked up one of those, and 2 regular jetbooks this morning.

The JBL is for me, have new NIZM batterys and charger waiting for it.
Picked up a pair of the regular jetbooks for parents, mine and my wifes.
Along with a pair of 4gig SD cards.

My dad is 85, and computer illiterate so it could be interesting teaching him to use it.
He likes to read, and the small town library where he lives just doesn't have much in the way of large print books. The Jetbook should be a good solution for him. IF I can teach him how to navigate through the menu's.
Just so you know, my 83 year old mom and my 85 year old dad find the screen amazingly clear and easy to read on. And very easy to navigate around. And they are FAR from computer literate!!! The only problem is that my mom has very very bad arthritis in her hands, and she finds the Lite too heavy some days.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote