Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Best e-reader for bookmarks and organising documents?

I was in Chapters this afternoon playing with the Kobo and I realised it had some features missing that would make life much easier. So out of the Kindle and Sony PRS-350, which has the best support for bookmarks and organising documents?

bookmarks:

To avoid turning hundreds of pages to find the page I want to read, I need the ability to:

- save multiple bookmarks in a book
- return to any bookmark in a book
- quickly move to a specific page

I also want to:

- organise books to avoid browsing a list of hundreds of books to pick the one I want to read

I think the Kobo falls down by not having this functionality, so which is better - Sony or Kindle?

Thanks

Last edited by stodge; 11-02-2010 at 07:26 PM.
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
The kindle has multiple bookmarks.

The kindle does not use traditional PAGE numbering. Rather it uses a location indicator and Percentage Read indicator.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
The Sony PRS-350 supports bookmarking and you can bookmark a page by double-tapping the upper right corner of the screen or by pressing the Options button and tapping "Add Bookmarks". The bookmarks themselves can be accessed through the "Notes" section of the reader.

You can view the books on the Sony via list or thumbnail image. They can be organized by Date, Title, Author, File Name or Latest Read. The Sony doesn't automatically create folders by author name like the Aluratek Libre or Etaco Jetbook. Instead, it has Collections, which are created by the meta tags on each book - so each book might show up in several Collections. Deleting a Collection does not delete the ebooks in it from the reader. If you want a specific Collection for a specific author, just add a meta tag with the author's name to the book. Ditto for specific series folders, specific character folders, etc.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote