Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
... if you did not read any Richard Morgan you may be impressed, but if you've read his previous 4 novels you will see that this one is a rehash of those 4, with the least interesting protagonist and with the most psycho-babble of all...
I only read Altered Carbon which is an excellent book.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #17
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Based on you comment, I went to Amazon to get an idea of what I might be missing. This was the first review & it convinced me not to go any further.
Shame to do this, reading 6 pages is like judging a book by its cover. To tell you the truth, I was reading it because a good friend told me to and said it was good. Fisrt three chapters I found gory and pointless, I was just going through the motion, but then I couldn't put the book down; it was going somewhere. The copy I got was in (4)-400 page tomes. I got through them in no time and guess what, there was a sequel! Endymion. I spent a marvelous 3 months on the two series. This guy really knows how to build worlds!

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 11-09-2007 at 04:10 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't suppose Amazon is selling any of these as e-books?

Or anyone else, for that matter?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #19
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post

Actually Name of the Wind is available as an e-book (got it from Sony part of my 50$ credit, but is available in lit too);

Thirteen is available too (this one though I got the UK edition since it was published a month or so earlier

Terror I think is available too, though not sure; this one I got from the library

The rest most likely not.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #20
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post

I am sure The Terror is sold by Connect.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Actually Name of the Wind is available as an e-book (got it from Sony part of my 50$ credit, but is available in lit too);
Connect doesn't have it as of right now, neither does anyone else except Diesel Ebooks from the looks of things. I've seen reference to Fictionwise having it, but if they did they don't anymore.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #22
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Connect doesn't have it as of right now, neither does anyone else except Diesel Ebooks from the looks of things. I've seen reference to Fictionwise having it, but if they did they don't anymore.
Very strange; I've just redownloaded Name of the Wind on Tuesday from my account at Connect since I lost my Documents folder in a crash and Connect dumps the purchased books there.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #23
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Very strange; I've just redownloaded Name of the Wind on Tuesday from my account at Connect since I lost my Documents folder in a crash and Connect dumps the purchased books there.
I'm sure they keep a copy available for those that bought it while available.

I seem to be noticing some titles were available in various format a year or two ago & no longer are, or were in multiple formats but are now in just one or two. Do a lot of ebooks go 'out of print' after a given time or something? I wouldn't think they would, but it seems like it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:36 AM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've heard others mention that those older books are still there, just not prominently featured any more. You may find it in a specific search.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote