Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #61
rjaffe
rjaffe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Works like a champ

Thanks so much for these great instructions. The hack (I used #16) worked like a champ and I have the two things that were really missing (joystick page turn and a clock).
rjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #62
htaylor
bookworm
htaylor began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500 and 505
Just as soon as the new wears off of my book, I am going to try this. I need a right handed page turner and clock. Thanks so much. I downloaded the files and put it on my to do list
htaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #63
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It's easier to put the pieces you want to install together than it was when Bob wrote his instructions, now that the Hack Builder has been released -- just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #64
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
This may be a dumb question but since nobody else asked it, I guess I will.

I just finished following the steps and it worked fine. My question; can I delete the files I unzipped on the SD card or do they have to stay on the card forever?
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #65
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Once you've flashed them onto the Reader, it doesn't need the outside files anymore, Tom Swift, so you can remove them from the SD if you like. You may want to think about whether you want to keep them elsewhere for if you want to re-flash later or not, but that's a question only you can answer for yourself.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #66
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
Wow Bob! Great instruction and everything worked like a charm.

Thanks!!!!
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #67
jaybee
Enthusiast
jaybee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Touch PRS-500
I have flashed several of the hacks and they are working beautifully, except that my clock seems to be stuck on daylight savings time! I thought that each time I connected to the computer via USB cable, the time would be corrected, but it's not happening. Is there something else I need to do? Could it be related to the fact that I'm using a Mac?
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #68
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Hm, it's certainly a possibility. Can anyone who uses the clock with a PC confirm whether it's working correctly or not?
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It works on my wife's 500 with a Windows machine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:04 AM   #70
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Thanks, Jon. Just to make sure, she's reconnected since DST ended?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #71
jaybee
Enthusiast
jaybee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Touch PRS-500
I just read KOVIDGOYAL's note on another thread: to set the time, start libprs500 first, _then_ plug in the reader. I did that and now I'm no longer on DST. (Not a Mac problem after all!)
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #72
Nogg
Literate!

Excellent. Glad to hear it's working properly.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:08 AM   #73
stevejay
Enthusiast
stevejay doesn't litterstevejay doesn't litterstevejay doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500 prs
I was going to try the hacks as well, but agree the payoffs are not really worth the potential risks.
stevejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:01 AM   #74
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
These hacks are naturally out-of-date with the EPUB firmware update.
Is anyone working on clock/joystick hacks for the new EPUB firmware?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote