Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2022, 07:24 PM   #976
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
@MrUtility
@Washcloth8804

PM sent.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:25 PM   #977
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@MrUtility
@Washcloth8804

PM sent.
Advert
Old 01-26-2023, 10:04 PM   #978
xstrspss8
xstrspss8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647, iriver story
Hi, I just realised that I probably should've posted my request for Kobo N647 disk image here instead of another thread, I'm going to see if I can delete the other post. Many apologies if this is incorrect protocol, I'm a bit confused. Thanks
Old 01-27-2023, 03:40 PM   #979
DNSB
Bibliophagist

The thread in the Developer Corner is the one I prefer to be used but I don't feel that comments such as "If you don't post in the right thread, no image for you" is helpful.
Old 04-13-2023, 02:40 PM   #980
tokisuno
tokisuno began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n289
howdy everyone. here to necropost. i have an n289 i just picked up at a value village. can't connect to the internet. i wanna use this as a telnet clock+weather tool for a room in my house. any advice?
Advert
Old 04-13-2023, 03:17 PM   #981
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It seems to be from 2010 and similar spec and date to the Kobo Wireless N647 / N47, if it has a D pad on bottom right.

Likely it has no valid certs and may not have WPA, not sure. Does it connect to you WiFi at all? If so, it probably can only connect to plain HTTP, no HTTPS.

Too old. Oldest Kobo to consider is a Kobo Touch and the screen isn't great.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:30 AM   #982
tokisuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It seems to be from 2010 and similar spec and date to the Kobo Wireless N647 / N47, if it has a D pad on bottom right.

Likely it has no valid certs and may not have WPA, not sure. Does it connect to you WiFi at all? If so, it probably can only connect to plain HTTP, no HTTPS.

Too old. Oldest Kobo to consider is a Kobo Touch and the screen isn't great.
Yeah it has the dpad at the bottom right. It doesn't connect to the internet at all. On 1.9. Is there no way to revert to old firmware like others have been doing to connect to the internet? I just want to use this to like, show the weather in my washroom.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:54 AM   #983
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Older software won't help.
People don't go to older FW to get internet, but for other reasons.
Does it even connect to your WiFi?
Old 04-17-2023, 10:19 AM   #984
tokisuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Older software won't help.
People don't go to older FW to get internet, but for other reasons.
Does it even connect to your WiFi?
nah it doesn't. tried for about an hour and it wouldn't budge on anything.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:09 AM   #985
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

maybe it's WiFi software is too old or a configuration isn't compatible.

WEP (totally useless now)
WPA (Mostly useless)
WPA2 (2006 to 2020)
WPA3 (2020+)

These are separate from Bands 2.4 GHz, or 5.8 GHz
Separate from modes a, b, g, turbo g, n

Also WiFi now can be described as less than Generation 4 (rubbish), 4, 5 etc.

I'm surprised it doesn't at least connect to 2.4GHz WPA2 as that predates your model by 4 years.

So maybe you are typing password wrong. If it doesn't see the SSID of your WiFi then you have the SSID hidden (bad idea and no longer adds security) or the 2.5GHz is turned off, or the WiFi is set to do only mode "n" and/or "a", most gadgets can only do mode "b" or "g".

It obviously can't even connect to your own PCs (say a Calibre server or your own LAN), never mind http only Internet if you can't connect to your Wi-Fi.

Last edited by Quoth; 04-17-2023 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:49 AM   #986
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokisuno View Post
howdy everyone. here to necropost. i have an n289 i just picked up at a value village. can't connect to the internet. i wanna use this as a telnet clock+weather tool for a room in my house. any advice?
Are you trying to go through the setup? Try activating it through Kobo desktop then connecting to Wifi.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:32 PM   #987
tokisuno

[QUOTE=Quoth;4315360]maybe it's WiFi software is too old or a configuration isn't compatible.

WEP (totally useless now)
WPA (Mostly useless)
WPA2 (2006 to 2020)
WPA3 (2020+)

These are separate from Bands 2.4 GHz, or 5.8 GHz
Separate from modes a, b, g, turbo g, n

Also WiFi now can be described as less than Generation 4 (rubbish), 4, 5 etc.

I'm surprised it doesn't at least connect to 2.4GHz WPA2 as that predates your model by 4 years.

So maybe you are typing password wrong. If it doesn't see the SSID of your WiFi then you have the SSID hidden (bad idea and no longer adds security) or the 2.5GHz is turned off, or the WiFi is set to do only mode "n" and/or "a", most gadgets can only do mode "b" or "g".

It obviously can't even connect to your own PCs (say a Calibre server or your own LAN), never mind http only Internet if you can't connect to your Wi-Fi.[/QUOTE

for some reason it reads my wifi as WEP on the kobo.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:34 PM   #988
tokisuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Are you trying to go through the setup? Try activating it through Kobo desktop then connecting to Wifi.
it doesn't let me get passed the wifi setup on the kobo desktop app.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:55 AM   #989
vrunner
vrunner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
Help me!!!

My Kobo is broken! Can I please have the firmware for N647B?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2023, 11:35 AM   #990
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
My Kobo is broken! Can I please have the firmware for N647B?

Thanks!
You will need to have Private Messages enabled before you can be sent the link. If you don't see that option in the "Edit Options" of the User control panel, you should post in the Requests to enable Private Messages thread to ask for them to be enabled.

Once PMs are enabled, please re-post in the Kobo WiFi SD image thread to let me know.
Closed Thread