Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
"Configure this device" with 2 kindles problem

I have two kindles registered to my name, a Paperwhite and a Voyage. I want to send KFX files to the Voyage and AZW3 files to the Paperwhite. However, when I go to "Configure this device" and set the "available formats and order" for my Voyage, it also changes the preferences for my Paperwhite, and vice versa.

Is this a bug in Calibre? Or is it by design? Is there a way for me to make this automatically work, or will I have to manually flip the preferences every time I plug in the other device?
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post
I have two kindles registered to my name, a Paperwhite and a Voyage. I want to send KFX files to the Voyage and AZW3 files to the Paperwhite. However, when I go to "Configure this device" and set the "available formats and order" for my Voyage, it also changes the preferences for my Paperwhite, and vice versa.

Is this a bug in Calibre? Or is it by design? Is there a way for me to make this automatically work, or will I have to manually flip the preferences every time I plug in the other device?
Not really. The 2 devices just happen to use the same driver. Back when the driver system was envisioned, having 2 models sharing a driver with way different format requirement was not even concieved.
I am a bit puzzled though. Don't both those models do support KFX?

Alternate workaround (boy did Kovid cover all the bases )
Right click the book (that does not send the preferred format)
Send Specific Format to <device optional storage location>: <choose format>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
OK, thank you. I'll just use "send specific format" all the time so I don't get it backwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Don't both those models do support KFX?
It's an older model Paperwhite that doesn't do KFX.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote