Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
cdstech69
cdstech69 began at the beginning.

Device: Original Nook
HTTPS/SSL with Classic Nook

I connect with no issues to a wireless network on a college campus, however when the page https://1.1.1.1/login attempts to display, it never comes up.

On other devices when you first visit the page you are asked to accept a certificate.

If I understand correctly the nook does not work with self signed certificates, is this true?

Any information, links, other forums or posts that you can submit that will help me is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
cdstech69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I don't know about the SSL issue, but I do know that the classic Nook's browser can have problems with web pages.

For example, I cannot pick up my email using my host's (1and1.com) webmail website. The website tells me I am not using a proper browser, and the Nook's browser will not even enable me to press the OK button that is there in the message dialog on the screen, so I am permanently stuck there. This is very frustrating because I know that the Nook works with Gmail.

Of course, this may be a blessing in disguise. I find it so painful to do any browsing with the classic Nook that it may be a good thing I cannot get my email using it.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert