Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Sony 505 problem with 7.7

OK so I should never do two things at once. I updated to PRS+ 1.1.3 and Calibre 7.7 last night and then tried to reload my Sony 505. Calibre sees the device, shows me the space remaining and identifies it on the right as a Sony but it does give me an error connecting to device and doesn't show me the actual books on the device. It seems to write OK although I am having problems with the collections and I am working on that at the moment. Not sure why the error is connecting to device message or why I can't see the books.

Love the product.
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
My prs-505 is also running prs+ 1.1.3 and I have no trouble using it in conjunction with calibre 7.7. I would guess that your problem is some other factor.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
OK so I should never do two things at once. I updated to PRS+ 1.1.3 and Calibre 7.7
These two work fine together. I would do a shutdown and restart of the 505 as a first step.

Quote:
last night and then tried to reload my Sony 505. Calibre sees the device, shows me the space remaining and identifies it on the right as a Sony but it does give me an error connecting to device and doesn't show me the actual books on the device.
What is the error?

Quote:
It seems to write OK although I am having problems with the collections and I am working on that at the moment. Not sure why the error is connecting to device message or why I can't see the books.
I guess I'm confused because this seems to be one of the least informative requests for help I've read. What error are you experiencing and what limits are you running into?

Without more info, as long as your books are backed up or in calibre's library I would start fresh by formatting internal memory via advance settings and send your books back to your device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 AM   #4
jotekman
Enthusiast
jotekman is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-300
Is the error something like what I had decsribed here? I fixed it by hard resetting the device, and everything worked fine again......
But yeah, same thing, it could read the device, I could transfer books to it, but showed nothing in internal memory and gave error every time I connected.
jotekman is offline   Reply With Quote