Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
Ben0
Retired Field Engineer
Ben0 is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro, Ectaco JBL
JBLite $115.00 at Newegg!!

I'm getting a second unit!

Great for tech PDF's/doesn't re-flow or change format.
Ben0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I'm thinking to buy one as a gift too (I already have 2 units).
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Hello everybody. I am new to the forums. I just ordered the 115/newegg JBL and got it yesterday. I found the forums and read through them and decided I would join.

Interesting quote from my wife after it showed up in the mail: "This is worth a hundred dollars?"
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Welcome to the club, Steven! I hope you and your wife will enjoy reading on jetBook-Lite. Almost all my friends already have jetBook or jetBook-Lite and like it very much.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Steven, show her an add for a Sony reader with touch screen that costs 450$.

Welcome to MR!
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You might try and expose her to the eBook sites and mention the many thousands of
books that are available from the free sites. If you know what she likes to read, you
could offer to help her find a few for her to try out.

Of course if she's not a reader, and considers that you are just a lazy bum who is
always laying around reading, you may want to take advantage of the JBL's ability
to function away from home.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-24-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Interesting quote from my wife after it showed up in the mail: "This is worth a hundred dollars?"
Welcome Steven!

You are welcome to pass on my mathematics to your wife.

Christmas I bought my JBL from Newegg for $117. I spent $26 for 10 Duracell rechargeable batteries and a charger. I spent $12 for a SanDisk 2 gig SD card. I spent $9 to ship my JBL back to Ectaco to have it replaced. So I have $164 in the unit.

For a number of years now, almost all of the books I have purchased have been trade paperbacks going for $12.99 to $14.99. Add the cost of shipping (or in the alternative, gas and sales tax if I drive 25 miles to the Borders and back), and I figure my books average $15 each.

So divide $164 by $15, and I figure that my JBL will pay for itself with 11 books.

I have already read 6 books that came with the device, and am currently reading 4 more. So you can see that it only takes weeks for the JBL to pay for itself.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Not to mention that it is quite easy to carry around a library of several thousand books. All instantly accessible, not taking up any space other than that of the Jetbook. Not sure about your wife, but mine hated the piles of paper books scattered around my favorite reading chair.

Ken is quite correct about the many different sites where free books can be found. As is Russell on the monetary benefits of owning a Jetbook.

I soon found that my biggest problem was that my wife was incredibly jealous of my ebook reader. Of course that problem really isn't that hard to solve.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
exvaxman
Connoisseur
exvaxman began at the beginning.

I put a 16 gig SDHC card in mine, have 7500+ books and uses up less than 8 gigs.
I'm pretty much set for a long time.
exvaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #10
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
...you may want to take advantage of the JBL's ability to function away from home.
*spits mouth-full of drink on PC monitor*

Ha!

Actually, my wife is mainly a reader "along with" my daughter. She gets harassed into reading whatever my daughter is interested in at the time.

I have been showing the jetbook around at work and to family. Several people are looking into getting one of their own.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote