Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 01-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
sophie27
sophie27 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
Dictionary

I deleted the dictionary on my unit (internal and external), because I didn't think that I would need it and didn't want to use the space for it. Now, however, I'm giving the reader to my 14 year old - and he really will need to use the dictionary. I went to the ebookwise website and couldn't find a link to redownload the dictionary. I searched through the posts here and didn't seem to see an answer (where the dictionary was erased from internal and external memory).

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the dictionary for this unit?

Thanks in advance for your help!
sophie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
if you registered the ebookwise on the ebookwise or filament books site, you might try looking on your "online bookshelf" when you connect the reader. i *think* you should find it there (i'm not positive).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
if you registered the ebookwise on the ebookwise or filament books site, you might try looking on your "online bookshelf" when you connect the reader. i *think* you should find it there (i'm not positive).
Yep, affirmative! That's how I would do it!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
sophie27

Checking the online bookshelf was the first thing that I tried....the only thing there is the librarian that I purchased when I purchased my reader. I sent an email to ebookwise help a couple of days ago regarding this and haven't heard back from them yet. Is there a copy of the dictionary that goes with the ebookwise available anywhere else?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

did you check the bookshelf *on* the device, or only on the website ?
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
sophie27

I checked the bookshelf on the website. I deleted the dictionary from the bookshelf on the device when I first got it.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie27 View Post
I checked the bookshelf on the website. I deleted the dictionary from the bookshelf on the device when I first got it.
okay, well i don't know how you checked the bookshelf on the website but try this : connect the eb1150 to the webserver (via usb or telephone cable, however you usually do it), to to your library, then tap the "online bookshelf" tab to the right of the bookshelf tab at the top of the screen. you should see a few books there like "the princess of mars" and such, and with a little luck, also the dictionary. does that work ?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
sophie27

Thanks for responding to me, but I think that I'm missing something. When I connect my device to my computer with the usb cable - it sees my shelf on impserv - which has all the books that I have added. I (foolishly - as is now apparant) deleted all the books that came preloaded with the unit (its a whole clutter issue with me). Is there anywhere else that I am not looking?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie27 View Post
Thanks for responding to me, but I think that I'm missing something. When I connect my device to my computer with the usb cable - it sees my shelf on impserv - which has all the books that I have added. I (foolishly - as is now apparant) deleted all the books that came preloaded with the unit (its a whole clutter issue with me). Is there anywhere else that I am not looking?
aaaaaaaaah, okay. you can't get to your online bookshelf if you have launched impserve or the librarian program : they block the eb1150 from accessing the web. exit all eb1150 applications, and *then* try to connect to your online bookshelf, and see what is there. it should be the free content which comes loaded on the eb1150 when you buy it. again, this supposes you already registered your eb1150 / created an account with one of the sites, but if you haven't yet it only takes a minute.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
sophie27

uggg - why is everything so complicated with this device.

Ok...I see your point, makes sense - in theory, but I still couldn't get it to work.

I exited impserv. I don't use librarian anymore, so that wasn't in the picture. The driver is running and shows as being connected. When I tap on online bookshelf - I get an error message - "there was no response from the server; trying the operation again may help. Perhaps an HTTP proxy server should be configured."

I am registered with Ebookwise and just logged in to make sure.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
sophie27

Yeah!!! I figured it out - You have to uncheck the "use http proxy" box and the "use proxy for usb" in settings/phone connection. It clicked once I started thinking about what you said about how impserv blocks the device from accessing the web and settings that I changed on the device for impserv. To be honest, I never really tried to figure out why impserv works - just how impserv works.

Anyway, once I did that I was able to get to the online bookshelf - and there it was! I don't buy books on the website, so I've never needed to know this before.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

i'm glad you figured it out ! my next tip would have been to check the settings were not modified for impserve, and the tip after that would be "ask nick".

anyway now you know. i've never bought an .imp book myself, however i had some trouble at first getting stuff converted and transferred (it *is* complicated, sheesh !) and i used the auto online conversion service on filament books. i still do that from time to time, if i'm feeling really lazy. it's a bit annoying that (as far as i can tell) there's no way to access your bookshelf through a browser, but that would be too easy, right ?