Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
munkymack
munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android FB Reader
Wink Esquire.com Blogs Print Article links

First off: I'm brand new at this. This is only the second recipe I've tried to write

I'm trying to set up a recipe for Esquire.com blogs, since just the basic doesn't seem to work properly. But I'm running into a problem with swapping out URLs for the print version:

Regular version (via RSS):
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture...er-at-olympics

Print version:
http://www.esquire.com//print-this/w...mpics?page=all

I know how to sub in '?page=all', but I'm not sure how to swap out 'blogs/culture' for '/print-this'. Also, if I'm looking at the politics blog, it would be 'blogs/politics' (and other changes for different sections)

So two questions:

1. How do I swap out stuff in the middle of the URL?
2. Do I need to write a rule for each feed? Or is there some other way around that?
munkymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
re.sub(r'esquire.com/[a-z]+/[a-z]+', 'esquire.com/print-this', url)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
esquire, newbie, print on demand