Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Nook for Windows 8 available in the US

Store Link:
http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/en-...3-a329d52bd372

Our Link:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...ws-8/379003757

(me doing happy dances that we finally got it released)
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I just bought the Nook HD+ 32. I love it. My only complaint is still unable to sort books by series. My Sony does and I find it incomprehensible that B&N has not implemented a software fix for this oversight.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
jeankap
EReading Gadget Maven
jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: All of 'em.
@Jim can you describe which features are and are not supported in the Windows 8 version? I downloaded last night and was all set to study a textbook whe I discovered that the app appears to be missing Nook annotation features... And I really rely on the annotation features. Please advise? Thanks!
jeankap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeankap View Post
@Jim can you describe which features are and are not supported in the Windows 8 version? I downloaded last night and was all set to study a textbook whe I discovered that the app appears to be missing Nook annotation features... And I really rely on the annotation features. Please advise? Thanks!
I don't do well on negative lists, but here's a shot compared to a Nook Tablet
(nothing is implied by this ordering)
  • Text Selection (and hence annotation and dictionary lookup)
  • Kids Picture Books
  • Zoom View on Comics
  • Enhanced Epubs (no Movies)
  • Import of non Nook content.
  • ArticleView on Magazines
  • Certain magazines (Conde' Nast titles such as Wired, for instance)
  • Apps

There's probably more I missed (which is why I hate negative lists)
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
jeankap
EReading Gadget Maven
jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: All of 'em.
Thanks very much. Any idea when we might see annotation? Also, I take it that the Win8 app is a complete rewrite of the existing Nook for Windows app? Does the existing Nook for Windows app continue to run on an Intel Win 8 machine? Just wondering... Thanks again.
jeankap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
oh neat! I'll have to download this!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #7
swr2408018
Enthusiast
swr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-500
Clarifying: import non-Nook content is not possible with the Windows 8 app?

Thanks!
swr2408018 is offline   Reply With Quote