Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
cwerlin
cwerlin began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Question Rooted Nook Tablet default launcher problem

So i rooted my STR. My kids chose the BN reader as my default home instead of ADW launcher. Now i cant go to the Android side. Interestingly I seem to have lost the ability to get to a browser and I do not have a search anymore either. When I click the n button I do not get the bottom graphical menu popup.

How do I change the home button to point to ADW launcher? How can I get the menu and browser back?

Thanks
cwerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
I can't help with the total fix here, but the Nook Color App Manager is a nice low-profile B&N/Android switcher. Pulls up a 'Use this Launcher' menu. You should at least be able to access the android side this way.

https://market.android.com/details?i...loadapps&hl=en
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44&postcount=8

Check out the XDA forums for your 'n' button fix - I know I've seen threads dealing with the issue.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
gep
gep began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
I can't help with the total fix here, but the Nook Color App Manager is a nice low-profile B&N/Android switcher. Pulls up a 'Use this Launcher' menu. You should at least be able to access the android side this way.

https://market.android.com/details?i...loadapps&hl=en
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44&postcount=8

Check out the XDA forums for your 'n' button fix - I know I've seen threads dealing with the issue.
I am having this issue with being unable to get to the ADW launcher as well... Which means I can't get to the app market to install a new app to fix the issue. Is there another way to get to my ADW launcher??? Thanks!
gep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by gep View Post
I am having this issue with being unable to get to the ADW launcher as well... Which means I can't get to the app market to install a new app to fix the issue. Is there another way to get to my ADW launcher??? Thanks!
Do you have ADB access? You could install a 3rd launcher, so when you press the home button you get the dialog again. You could uninstall this 3rd launcher afterwards.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Check and see if you have button savior running - do you see a little, light grey arrow on the right side of the screen. If you do, then tap on that and you will get a home button that will pop-up - that should take you to ADW.

If you don't get the ADW option, you will either need to figure out a way to get another launcher installed (ADB access, or CWR/ADB access), or reset the nook, and start over.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
moogsynth
moogsynth began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Same situation here, unfortunately. Both my "n" Home button and the Button Savior Home button now point to the Nook's Home rather than the Android Home. I can't access that in order to install a new launcher/app that would fix it (as I can't access the Marketplace), and I can't turn on ADB Wireless because that, too, is an Android app I can't access.

I tried re-rooting the Nook; bricked it. Did a "factory reset" (restarting and holding down the left & right buttons; Nook said it was restoring to its original settings. Ended up exactly how I was- all my books were there, as was the non-working Button Savior).

Any other help is much appreciated. Thanks!
moogsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsynth View Post
Same situation here, unfortunately. Both my "n" Home button and the Button Savior Home button now point to the Nook's Home rather than the Android Home. I can't access that in order to install a new launcher/app that would fix it (as I can't access the Marketplace), and I can't turn on ADB Wireless because that, too, is an Android app I can't access.

I tried re-rooting the Nook; bricked it. Did a "factory reset" (restarting and holding down the left & right buttons; Nook said it was restoring to its original settings. Ended up exactly how I was- all my books were there, as was the non-working Button Savior).

You can try this: go to the Search menu, and type the name of the app you want to launch. It should show in the results list, and you should be able to launch it from there.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsynth View Post

You should try using TouchFormatter (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1475613), I had the same problem trying to revert to stock following an incomplete rooting process (see my post in another thread in this forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29&postcount=6), but finally succeeded using TouchFormatter.

Last edited by livramax; 05-10-2012 at 04:56 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Clear the Defaults in the preferences for ADW launcher. It will reset what the default launcher is and ask you again.

http://www.androidcentral.com/changi...g-app-defaults
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #10
Carriebear
Polar Bear
Carriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook Color (rooted), iPod Touch (jailbroken)
Another good way to go back to another launcher if you've accidentally switched is to download Home Switcher from the Market. It lets you interchange easily.

Edited to add: That's of course, after you have your access to the android market back again, to help prevent the same problem.
Carriebear is offline   Reply With Quote