Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #2296
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Excited and nervous all over again each time I read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post

I'm here, I'm here!!!

I'm still reading Summer Knight. About half way through now. As usual I'm enjoying my re-read.

Spoiler:
I'm just at the part where Harry is with Lea in Chicago-over-Chicago watching Summer and Winter prepare for war. Jim gives great descriptions, I find it very easy to "see" what Harry sees.

Even though I've read this a few times and know what happens next I still get excited and nervous for him. Damn Faeries, we're all messed up .
Double to excited and nervous!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #2297
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool The web address of the image

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Heeeeeeeellllllllllp!

(Also by the way, how does one embed the image in the text instead of attaching it??)
Put the web address of the image between IMG tags at the place you want the image to be. For instance:

Last edited by alansplace; 08-21-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: add image
Advert
Old 08-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #2298
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date:
105 DAYS!

And Chosen will be out in
7 DAYS!

Sorry I've been gone -- I was cramming the James Potter Series, amongst others. I've finally finished everything but the Morrigan Web, which I am waiting on an ebook file for...

P.S. Only one week till the next Alex Verus book comes out!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #2299
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Files Snippits (from Small Favor)

Quote:

Luccio sat on a footstool in front of the fire, facing the flames. My teapot hung on its latch over the fire. A basin of steaming water sat upon the hearth. As I watched, she dipped a cloth in the hot water and slid it over her shoulder and down the length of one arm, her face in profile to me. Her eyes were closed in an expression of simple pleasure. The light of the fire made lovely, exquisitely feminine shadows along the slender lines of her naked back, down to the waist of her jeans as she moved, muscles shifting beneath soft skin that shimmered golden like the firelight for a second after the warm cloth glided over it, leaving little wisps of vapor in its wake.

Something else had never really occurred to me before, either.

Luccio was beautiful.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The door opened, and Murphy and Kincaid arrived. Kincaid was moving under his own power, though very gingerly, and with the aid of a walking stick. I got out of the way, and he came over to settle down next to Ivy. She woke up enough to murmur something about cookies and a Happy Meal. He settled down on the bed beside her, and she pressed up against his arm before settling down to rest again. Kincaid, evidently exhausted himself, drew a gun, took the safety off, placed it on his chest, and went to sleep too.

“It’s cute,” I whispered to Murphy. “He has a teddy Glock.”
Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #2300
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Turn Coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I finished my re-read of White Night this morning. It was really a great, great re-read! Next is Small Favor, I'll probably start it sometime tomorrow morning.
Re-reading Small Favor was a treat! Now onto Turn Coat!

Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #2301
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I'm brought back to each book every time you post a quote. So enjoyable.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #2302
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Image size

Quote:
Put the web address of the image between IMG tags at the place you want the image to be...
Oops...also make sure the image is no larger than the mobileread guidelines allow!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #2303
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Re-reading Small Favor was a treat! Now onto Turn Coat!

I just started Death Masks...I'm not going as slow as I thought. I won't catch up to you but I might be close .

Summer Knight was great, but it was a really quick read. I just couldn't stop.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #2304
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Very nice, I like those. I'm enjoying the audio books currently after reading the series.

Quote:
Images are from deviantart.com[/URL]

IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #2305
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Some replys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I just started Death Masks...I'm not going as slow as I thought. I won't catch up to you but I might be close .

Summer Knight was great, but it was a really quick read. I just couldn't stop.
That's okay, it's not a contest nor is it a race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcecreamLtDan View Post
Very nice, I like those. I'm enjoying the audio books currently after reading the series.
Welcome to The Dresden Files thread!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #2306
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Some Dresden Files Snippits (from Turn Coat)

Quote:
“After you,” Thomas said, and then he calmly stripped his shirt off.

I eyed him.

“The club has an image they strive to maintain,” he said. He might have been just a little bit smug, the bastard. His abs look like they were added in with CGI. My abs just look like I can’t afford to feed myself very well.

“Oh,” I said. “Do I need to take my shirt off, too?”

“You’re wearing a black leather coat. That’s wardrobe enough.”

“Small favors,” I muttered. Then I went through the door.

“How could I come to Chicago so many times without meeting you?”

“But I’ve seen you,” I said. My voice was a little rough, but it worked.

“Oh?” she asked, the sexy smile widening. “Are you the sort who likes to watch, Harry?”

“You betcha,” I said. “And that time, I was watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit?”

Her smile faltered a fraction.

“You are Jessica Rabbit, right?” I asked. “All slinky and overblown and obvious?”

The smile vanished.

“Because I know I’ve seen you somewhere, and gosh, I’ll be embarrassed if it turns out that you were the evil princess from Buck Rogers instead.”

“What?” she said. “Buck what?”

“Sir,” said the guard from behind me. “I’d appreciate it if you left your club here.”

I paused and looked over my shoulder.

He had a gun. His hand wasn’t exactly resting on it, but he’d tucked his thumb into his belt about half an inch away.

“It isn’t a club,” I said calmly. “It’s a walking stick.”

“Six feet long.”

“It’s traditional Ozark folk art.”

“With dents and nicks all over it.”

I thought about it for a second. “I’m insecure?”

“Get a blanket.” He held out his hand.

I sighed and passed my staff over to him. “Do I get a receipt?”

He took a notepad from his pocket and wrote on it. Then he passed it over to me. It read:

Received, one six foot traditional Ozark walking club from Mr. Smart-ass.

“That’s Doctor Smart-ass,” I said. “I didn’t spend eight years in insult college to be called Mister.”
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #2307
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm a third of the way through the audio book, the second in the Dresden series, and enjoying it thoroughly! It's a great companion on long, long walks!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #2308
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Fool Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm a third of the way through the audio book, the second in the Dresden series, and enjoying it thoroughly! It's a great companion on long, long walks!

Stitchawl
Hi...welcome to our fun little corner of Mobileread. I think of the one you're reading as 'everything you ever wanted to know about werewolves and then some things that you didn't want to know'!

Old 08-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #2309
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Days to the release of Skin Game:

102 DAYS!!!

It's getting really close...I'm so excited
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #2310
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Released: James Potter and the Morrigan Web

Now, in addition to the PDF there's a MOBI and an EPUB available for free download!

Last edited by alansplace; 08-23-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: oops...

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy