Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Can I use my Kindle wall charger?

Can I use the wall-charger attachment for my Kindle with my Sony 350 charging cord? are they compatible voltages or wattages or whatever needs to be compatible?

it seems to take forever for my sony to charge through my computer's usb port.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Yes. I use mine with great success.
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

another problem - when I detatched my Sony from my computer, the "charging battery" screen stays on, and I can't seem to reset it. I've tried a paperclip in the reset hole, and tried to turn it off but the unit seems to be frozen.

(update) I was finally able to turn it off and reset it... but this seems a standard problem with my 350 - is this a known issue or is my unit just being strange?)

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 07-19-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added update
Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
Bro Pete
Connoisseur
Bro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Sony PRS 650
With the Kindle wall charger; it will work but you don't really own the electricity. It says you paid for it but Amazon reserves the right to block your use of the power at any time.
Bro Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Are you ejecting the device before you unplug it from your computer?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Pete View Post
With the Kindle wall charger; it will work but you don't really own the electricity. It says you paid for it but Amazon reserves the right to block your use of the power at any time.
I wish that weren't true. I heard that with the proper plug-in, Calibre will remove the ERM (electricity rights management) and you'll be able to use the electricity with your Sony.

Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
BeccaPrice
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Are you ejecting the device before you unplug it from your computer?
oh, yes. I wait til it says "ok to disconnect" and then disconnect it.

this seems to happen every time I connect it to my computer, which is why I want to use the Kindle charger,.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Pete View Post
My, how elementary schoolish of you. I guess you read mostly comics on your Sony. You can look up any of these words that are over your head in the Oxford English Dictionary.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
My, how elementary schoolish of you. I guess you read mostly comics on your Sony. You can look up any of these words that are over your head in the Oxford English Dictionary.

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I bought the seperate charger for my 650 - it gives me a longer cord. I use it to charge my K3. I've also used it with my android phone.

Nowadys I can get by with one mini and one micro fitting for most everything. (Except my old Creative and my new Dab+ radio.) My husband needs an apple cable for his ipod but I got him a Creative so he rarely touches the ipod any more.

Life is so much easier now that there seem to be standards - except for apple of course. But I never buy apple so I don't care.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #11
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
another problem - when I detatched my Sony from my computer, the "charging battery" screen stays on, and I can't seem to reset it. I've tried a paperclip in the reset hole, and tried to turn it off but the unit seems to be frozen.

(update) I was finally able to turn it off and reset it... but this seems a standard problem with my 350 - is this a known issue or is my unit just being strange?)
I normally charge my 950 from the PC and never had a problem until yesterday - mine was stuck on the "charging battery" screen too. I always eject it so hopefully this was just a glitch and won't happen again. I reset it but panicked when it didn't do anything then I remembered reading in a thread here that I needed to restart it. I love MR.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote