Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Runs4Brains
Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Aluratek Libre Pro 5"(black, mint)

**re-edited for brevity & added pics

Hello,

I'm not sure how it looks posting here since I'm essentially a "new" member, but I figure it can't hurt.... I've been researching the Nook & saw there was a flea market. I figured I'd give it a try.

Selling an Aluratek Libre Pro 5"(black).
Unit includes everything it originally shipped with:
- Aluratek Libre Pro 5"(black)
- 2GB SD card, 100 public domain books preloaded (epub i think?; not sure, i never used it)
- cheap ass ear buds (unused)
- lanyard (unused)
- USB to mini-USB cable (sealed)
- 110v A/C to mini-USB charging brick
- padded, nylon, semi-rigid, slip case
- original box, manuals, guides, etc...

Asking $60 total OBO and I'll pay for shipping & tracking costs for USPS Priority Mail. If you want insurance, you pay the additional cost. International shipping, buyer pays ALL EXTRA COSTS beyond standard U.S. shipping rates! Payment via PayPal only.

About The Unit:

It's both operationally & cosmetically in mint condition. Not a scratch. Unit is about 1 - 1.5 yrs old but is still essentially new. Screen, case, battery, & accessories are all mint. I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit I only finished reading 2 books & some short stories on the Libre. I found the lack of back-light the major stumbling block.

FYI: I've been an on/off lurker here for about 2 yrs. I never found the need to post so I never registered. M.R's forums is how I originally researched ebook readers and learned about the Libre Pro before buying. My Ebay ID is "E P S H I H" (remove the spaces) if u want to research my history.

thx for looking,

-Eric (aka, brains)

Last edited by Runs4Brains; 02-22-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Edited for brevity
Runs4Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
Snarfblat
Snarfblat doesn't litterSnarfblat doesn't litter

Device: JBL, 350, 650
I'm also a new member here, this will be my first post after lurking for a few weeks. I've been researching ebook readers and recently decided to buy a Jetbook Lite. I'll make an offer on this one too, and if accepted it will be a gift for my mother or sister, or I will keep it as a backup.

Problem is that I have no posts, and very little eBay activity too. And I'm in Canada. I have Paypal but I don't know if the buyer and seller are protected like on eBay. Maybe some seasoned veterans can give some advice?

PM sent.
Snarfblat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Runs4Brains
Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Snarfblat, I responded to your PM. After looking online a bit, it doesn't appear it's worth it for me to ship to Canada for what you wanna pay. Sorry. Your best bet would be to look for a local seller... although it looks like ppl are asking for 2x what I'm asking... Still, it's just not worth it for me to sell to Canada unless u guys are willing to pickup all additional charges beyond what I'd incur shipping to a US resident.

As for protection, as far as I can tell, there is ZERO protection for buyer/seller when transacting through this forum. It is strictly on the honor system. For buyer/seller protection, Ebay is likely your only option. I think the "appeal" of trying to sell here is the potential cost savings from the buyer's prospective. When selling though Ebay, there are submission fees, picture fees, search result display fees, high PayPal fees, etc..... All told, it probably costs the selling 30%+ to sell on Ebay. As unappealing as Ebay is, I'll likely list my reader there since it's really my only option.

FYI, I've received several offers from Canada. They are all lowballs like $40 AND they want me to pick-up all airmail shipping/customs/duty costs. Geez guys, I know I'm "new" here but....

Last edited by Runs4Brains; 02-20-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Snarfblat
Snarfblat doesn't litterSnarfblat doesn't litter

Device: JBL, 350, 650
Hi Brains

Ok no worries. Thanks for checking in to it anyway. As far as buyer/seller protection I haven't found anything as good as maybe a "private" Ebay Auction where you set it up to sell to a single buyer. If you're going to list it on Ebay though, you might as well just put it up for bids.

For Canadian prices, the Jetbook Lite goes for $100 on Newegg.ca (free shipping), and the Aluratek Libre Pro is on sale at Futureshop.ca for $100 (free shipping), brand new with full warranty. I think that Staples.ca has put them on sale before too. About half the price is all I'd be willing to pay for a used one, no matter the condition.

Good luck to you though, I don't know if it's against the rules but maybe you could post the link to your ebay auction here once it's up.
Snarfblat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
Runs4Brains

Hey Snarf,

Thanks for the sincere feedback. I appreciate it. Yeah, I know the current US retail price for this unit is around $100ish... and that's why I've basically priced my unit @ 50% off retail.... the $60 price I advertised includes free shipping. I just didn't factor-in or even consider selling outside the U.S. I totally understand you not willing to pay above 50% of current retail. Honestly, I probably won't either. LOL! The international thing kills the deal between you & I.

As for posting a link to an Ebay auction, yeah I think it's ok. I've seen a few ppl do it in the past and not get mod-ed. But if I went that way, I'd definitely limit the auction to U.S. only so it wouldn't be of any interest to you guys up North.

Sorry again. Take it easy
R4B
Old 02-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yes, a link to ebay is ok.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
Runs4Brains

SOLD. I put it on C/L and surprisingly got 4 offers. Gee. I should have just done that in the 1st place! Thx anyways.