Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
NewEgg sell jetBook mini for $99.99

NewEgg sell Black and Yellow jetBook mini:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723018
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723019

Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
LOL! That's not "black". It's "Anthracite Black"! First time I've seen that.

Thanks for the link, Kris. I imagine they have just put up that price to get people used to that level before they start discounting it. I remember well that the JetBook Lite last year remained at $149.99 for months until mid-December when Newegg offered it for $117.00.

PS - And who could turn down "California Yellow"?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Three times the reading hours? That will be interesting to see. I'd also like to see a side view and find out if it finally has a USB 2.0 connection. Unfortunately, the clock will mean you have to return your library ebooks on time. It's a shame it look so ugly or I could get interested. I'm glad I just ordered another JBL; I would bet they are gone by year end.

Last edited by chas0039; 10-21-2010 at 09:44 PM.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
you don't have to worry about library due dates-- the mini can't read ePubs.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
Yes, if you need the support for library DRMed books it will be better to buy JetBook-Lite
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I really cannot see a device that doesn't support any commercial eBook format being a success.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I really cannot see a device that doesn't support any commercial eBook format being a success.
Yeah, its a shame really. The form factor looks to be really good for long stretches of reading, but having to convert every book? I am not sure why they decided to support .fb2 over epub...

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Yeah, its a shame really. The form factor looks to be really good for long stretches of reading, but having to convert every book? I am not sure why they decided to support .fb2 over epub...

--
Bill
Do you remember first jetBook model? First jetBook had support only for TXT and FB2 formats. I hope Ectaco will add ePub and maybe DRM in the future.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
LOL! That's not "black". It's "Anthracite Black"! First time I've seen that.
Interesting, wonder what the difference is between the two colors

Seems like just about everyone is selling these things now a days.

Black JBM on Sears

Yellow JBM on sears.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #10
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
from the comments over at the ectaco boards it sounds like the problem is probably an underpowered processor (that allows 3 times longer reading on smaller batteries)

I don't think ePubs or PDFs are coming

I like the idea and look of the reader, but that trade off is a killer
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
from the comments over at the ectaco boards it sounds like the problem is probably an underpowered processor (that allows 3 times longer reading on smaller batteries)

I don't think ePubs or PDFs are coming

I like the idea and look of the reader, but that trade off is a killer
...Well, time will show. They already posted some updates on http://www.jetbookmini.com/ website
Old 10-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #12
DLI
Banned
DLI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: jetBook, Kindle
Just ordered yellow. Should be good for document's review on a train...
DLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #13
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
thanks for the links Kris.

i love the design and dont mind converting books as i read about 1 book a week.

i like the names lol its really funny how they come up with these combinations
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #14
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLI View Post
Just ordered yellow. Should be good for document's review on a train...
I'm thinking to buy blue color as soon as it will be available. I may preload it with some books and send as a X-mas gift to my friends.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #15
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
I just noticed the way the commas are used at Newegg; I didn't realize ALL other formats will need to be converted. What a strange marketing idea, building a product that does less than everyone else does at the same price as your current offering that does more. Maybe, considering the colors, it was supposed to be sold to Fisher-Price and they backed out.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote