Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
andilubio
andilubio began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cant connect wireless int.

Hi, i´ve been with the kindle since christmas. The first day wireless worked perfect, but since then it has always been saying "you kindle is unable to connect at this time.please try again later" and it does never connect. I´ve tried both restarting and reseting default config and nothing works.
I bought a kindle int. version and use it in Spain.

Any thoughts?
andilubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There are two of these posts in a row, I'm thinking it's an AT&T problem. I have the U.S. version of the Kindle (Sprint) so I don't have any specific advice for you.

Dr Drib posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Just learned this. If this is old information, then simply ignore.

I learned this on an Amazon Kindle page when a customer was looking for help.

Go to "Settings Page" and from there press "311". Apparently, an application is opened up that searches for all wireless providers in the area.

Don
If that doesn't work, I would suggest you contact Amazon for assistance.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
andilubio

Well considering im in Spain and have an international version i dont think its an At&t problem...
Old 01-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andilubio View Post
Well considering im in Spain and have an international version i dont think its an At&t problem...
Have you tried the "311" trick or calling Amazon?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
andilubio

have tried the 311 and been waiting forever and nothing...

Can i can amazon from out the US?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by andilubio View Post
have tried the 311 and been waiting forever and nothing...

Can i can amazon from out the US?
I prefer to use email (I like documented proof that I can share with others). You also have the option to have them call you, using the same link, though I don't know how that works outside the U.S.

Let us know what happens.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
andilubio

Well after 3 days of ongoing calls i finally got another kindle sent to my house in Spain. The original will be sent back because htey could not solve the issue with the wireless...

Had my problems with the service, as the first day I was told i would be charged for another kindle and later found out that was older procedure...for which i am now rewarded 30$.

I´d give back those bucs for the kindle working as it should of had...
Old 01-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Sorry this is turning out to be such a pain. Please post again when you get your new Kindle, so that we know if it's working properly.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
andilubio

Ok, well new kindle is in the house. For the moment being its working...

The customer service overall has been good, but some bad service has made me loose money because of extra charges, although i got a 30$ gift card...
Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad you're up and running again.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #11
opapm
opapm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
So is the problem has been solved? How you solved the problem?
I'm in Indonesia and have a very same problem with you
opapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:06 AM   #12
andilubio

Yes problem got solved with a new kindle shipped to my house. I got and extra 30$ gift card.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
luizrenault
luizrenault began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
Same problem in Brazil

Hi. I got mine DXi this week and had the same problem.
Soved using the '311' settings and after trying all the 3g providers, the last worked like a charm. Now i'm online. Hope it helps other people.

Thank you for the tip.
luizrenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
Kind_le
Kind_le began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Intern.
Hi, I got a Kindle DX International shipped to Germany... It worked for the first week, perfectly... But since end last week the device fails to connect. Following message is given

"Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please restart your Kindle from the Menu in Settings and try again. <Close>"

Initially I couldn't find restart option in Menus.... But then I switched off Wireless first and suddenly the restart option appeared. I've selected it and it did the trick for me.

However I must say, this is really a poor user experience, not very intuitive.

Hope this helps...
Kind_le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #15
Kind_le
Kind_le began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Intern.
to be more specific...

1. Turn off Wireless Connection
2. Press Menu
3. Select Settings
4. Press Menu Again

Then Select Restart