Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Amazon: "Refurbished" Kindle 1's for $149

Following the lead of Sony and Astak to dip down to the sub-$200 price point, Amazon is announcing on its home page that it will sell refurbished Kindle 1's for $149.

Techflash quotes a price of $199, but clicking on the link shows the price to be $149.

original Kindle $149
Kindle 2 $189

Last edited by Nate the great; 09-15-2009 at 06:35 PM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Wow! What a deal
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
snagged one this am for a gift, per this post.........

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56522

From all accounts, on this board, 'refurbished' Kindles look and act like new. They carry the same warranty (one year) and return policy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Following the lead of Sony and Astak to dip down to the sub-$200 price point, Amazon is announcing on its home page that it will sell refurbished Kindle 1's for $149.

Techflash quotes a price of $199, but clicking on the link shows the price to be $149.

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/200...d_kindles.html
Thanks. I got one for my brother.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is a direct link to Amazon........

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...d_i=kindle%201
Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Good christmas present perhaps?
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I snagged one as well. Can't wait
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
Ocean
Banned
Ocean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enough

Device: Proud G1 Kindle Owner
I bought a gen one two months ago for $199.

I'll jump in again when they offer the DX.
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The K2 is listed for $189:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all
Old 09-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
blargh, so tempting, for wikipedia in my pocket...
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Looks like they got rid of the excess and don't need to cut the price so badly.

Why do I get the feeling we'll be seeing these on Ebay at a nice profit?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

This link still shows $149..........

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...on=refurbished
Old 09-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

DG, I said the K2 was listed for $189, not the original Kindle.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Ugh. I just received my kindle 2 (refurbished ) today. I thought I got a great deal at $250! I'll see if they will match that price since I just had ordered it yesterday but I am not holding my breathe.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
Ugh. I just received my kindle 2 (refurbished ) today. I thought I got a great deal at $250! I'll see if they will match that price since I just had ordered it yesterday but I am not holding my breathe.
They usually do.