Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favourite animal as a pet?
Cat 45 39.13%
Dog 51 44.35%
Rabbit 4 3.48%
Rat 1 0.87%
Fish 4 3.48%
Goat 3 2.61%
Other 7 6.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #91
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
...and calling a Shih Tzu Poodle mix a Shih-Poo isn't avoiding the sniggers - it's painting a big red arrow, surrounded by a thousand flashing lights and ringing with a million cowbells, pointing at the obvious elephantine portmanteau in the room.

Cheers,
Marc (I mean the Tzudle, of course)
exactly.

(heh, i almost typed "meow" for that smiley. interesting freudian slip, given the conversation. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #92
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sweet fuzzy squirrels on a cracker, never in my LIFE have i seen a more ridiculous list of words !!! i mean, be honest, the word "poodle" is pretty silly to begin with (in french they are called "caniche" by the way, not nearly as ridiculous) but it is clearly impossible to combine this word with any other one without obtaining the sort of result which will leave even the strongest and least easily-amused person snickering and pointing (and for those who tend naturally toward the sillier end of the spectrum, i would expect reactions to include copious rofling).
I can handle reactions like these (snickering & rofling). I was walking the pupply last week when a young man said "He looks like a real killer". I responded with "She's a she!"

As long as I'm not condemned for not getting a rescue dog. I also don't want to spark any debate on rescue vs non-rescue pets. I admire those that rescue any pets. We tried, we really did, but small(ish) dogs go fast at our local shelters due to the high number of condominiums in our area. I couldn't submit a large dog to condominium life, and I'll admit it was a difficult decision to even submit a small(ish) dog to such small quarters.

There are some large dogs, some rescued, in our complex. Some seem quite content, others seem restless. Some don't get the excercise they need.

I am fortunate that I am home most days and can take our puppy for several walks a day. A lot of owners leave their dogs home alone all day when they go to work, or take them to a "doggy daycare" facility. If I wasn't going to be home most of the time, I wouldn't have gotten a dog in the first place. I don't know my neighbours that well so I couldn't depend on any of them to look after the puppy, and we have no relatives that live close by that could "look-in" on her in our absence.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-27-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #93
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I know, I know. I often just refer to her parentage when asked, but most people here would know what a cock-a-poo or spoodle was. Remember though, she is half French.

WDE
When I was growing up, my neighbors had a cockapoo which shed like mad and had the personality of a Grand Bastich. Sometimes it doesn't work out that well...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #94
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Poodle hybrids are popular because of their non-shedding and hypoallergenic qualities.

Names of "Hybrid X's" often use Portmanteau words.

Some poodle hybrid examples.

The first example might amuse you.

WDE
My friend has a Yohuahua Yorki/Chihuahua mix. Sort of the inspiration for George in the Mexico Vacation story...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #95
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dogs sleep on their back too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChivasSleep1.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	31503   Click image for larger version

Name:	ChivasSleep2.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	31504  
Old 07-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #96
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
is it just me or are breeds a type of racisim made by humasn for animals? oggies don;t care what breed is the butt they sniff...
why can we just refer to the as "com heeeer mah widdle snickepwoodle" ::scritch scritch::
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #97
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Dogs sleep on their back too!!
They do, yes. I dont have photos handy, but they definitely sleep on their back
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #98
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I think someone should change the title of this thread to cat, dog or otter? If only because that's how I keep reading it
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #99
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Dog for sure! Cats are too snooty and have a habit of killing the local native birds. Get a cat and watch bird/reptile numbers decline, not good for the environment.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #100
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
I voted dog, but I actually like cats and dogs. I have both. My vote leaned toward dog because there is something about that wagging tail that makes the troubles of life slip away, if only for a moment.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #101
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I think someone should change the title of this thread to cat, dog or otter? If only because that's how I keep reading it
Thank you, poll fairy!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #102
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
It's a little blurry, but then it's hard to take a photo of two loonies on leashes without moving. Even when they look like they are standing still, they generally aren't.

Also attached is a photo of the area behind the house where we generally go to walk in the early morning (while it's still under 90 degrees).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0026.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	677.9 KB
ID:	32438   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0025.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	819.4 KB
ID:	32439  
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #103
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

They look lovely, happy doggies, Ricky
Old 07-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #104
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
<<<<<<<<<<<< cat, of course ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #105
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

(Ms) Chivas' first swim. She's a natural!

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 07-18-2009 at 09:54 PM.