Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Group message notices

Is there any way to get notifications when a new message is posted into a group area? A notice like you get for private messages / visitor messages would work.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yes, you can now subscribe to groups and to the discussions in groups. go to the group home page and you'll see "group tools" in the blue bar to the left ; you can subscribe to the group there. you can also subscribe to individual discussions in the "discussion tools" menu (in the discussion page). you'll get an alert in your user control panel, after the subscribed threads list.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok... I see how to subscribe to a discussion. But, the Group Tools menu (which is on the Right here in the US) only has the option "Mark This Group Read"?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

in that case you are probably already subscribed to that group. (unless it's somewhere else... i can't recall now. i found it by accident myself. just try clicking around in there. )
Old 02-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, so where do I get notices? I have to go to control panel I guess you are saying?

Wouldn't there be an "Unsubscribe" option if I am subscribed?

BOb
Old 02-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
If this is for the Book Club group, it hasn't ever had a Subscribe option It would be really useful if it did...

The two I'm subscribed to both have Unsubscribe from this group in the Group tools menu.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

yes, notices are in the cp, after subscribed threads. if you are subscribed, there should be an "unsubscribe" option ; i have that in "group tools" and in "discussion tools" for the discussions i'm subscribed to.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
If this is for the Book Club group, it hasn't ever had a Subscribe option It would be really useful if it did...

The two I'm subscribed to both have Unsubscribe from this group in the Group tools menu.
ah. that's odd. maybe that group was created differently ? i think we'll have to ask alex about that.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I have the same thing with my group (Romance Readers). Says the same thing as Bob's.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ah. that's odd. maybe that group was created differently ? i think we'll have to ask alex about that.
Alex... anyone? Any idea about this. I would really like to get notices when there are new messages posted in this group.

BOb
Old 03-02-2009, 01:33 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hmmm. I am going to look at it today.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Hmmm. I am going to look at it today.
Alex, did you get a chance to look at this? I know you are really slammed and I certainly understand that.

No worries if you never fix it. I just always forget to go check it myself.

BOb
Old 05-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

ah, thanks for bringing it up again bob, because i get the feeling it is disactivated for all new groups, and it is also a feature i like.