Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
5 Audible Classics for $0.99 ea - EXPIRED

Listed as a Kindle Special Offer, Audible is offering five audiobooks from the classics for only $0.99 each. In the past, these so-called exclusive Kindle Special Offers from Audible have been available to anyone with an Audible account; so give it a shot.

The audiobooks are unabridged and listed below. If you'd like, you can purchase all five audiobooks; which is what I did. This offer expires 28 Apr.

Listen to a classic on your Kindle for only $0.99

Quote:
Everyone has those classic books they wish they had read, now with Audible.com, you can check 5 off your wish list. Audible.com is offering 5 classic audiobooks including The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Pride and Prejudice, A Tale of Two Cities, The Secret Garden, and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer for only $0.99 each.

Bonus Offer

All five of these audiobooks have a regular price over $14.95 each, so each of them qualify for this offer. Remember, you need to buy at least four to get the $10 credit. Details below:

Quote:
Buy four audiobooks between April 1 and April 30, 2012, and you'll earn a $10 Listening Reward coupon.*

There's no special program to sign up for - you're eligible for this offer no matter how you shop at Audible:
  • Shop with Credits: Whether you're up to date on using your credits or have some banked
  • Shop with your Member Discount**: If you don't have any credits, or don't want to use them, you can use cash for your purchases and still save
  • Shop for a friend: You can use credits or cash to purchase gifts for family and friends
  • Shop with credits AND cash: Have an extra credit banked? Use it for your first purchase. Want three more books? You can use cash and still get a discount off the CD price
*You must purchase 4 or more audiobooks between April 1 and April 30, 2012, at 11:59 PM US ET. Audiobooks must have a regular price of $14.95 or more to be eligible for the 4 audiobook purchase minimum. Your $10 coupon will be placed in your account no later than May 7, 2012. You will be notified by email when the coupon is available in your account. The coupon is good for audio content only and will expire on May 31, 2012.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-30-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: to clarify the Buy 4, Get $10 offer
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Possible Bonus Offer

All five of these audiobooks have a regular price over $14.95 each, but are on sale. They might qualify for this offer, but I'm not sure. If they do, you'll get a $10 credit in your Audible account. Remember, you need to buy at least four of them to possible qualify. Keeping fingers crossed.
I just bought one of these books and can confirm that the total listed on the buy 4 get $10 graphic on the Audible home page (below the search box) now shows one less purchase needed to get the $10 credit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'm not eligible for Kindle Special Offers (since I'm Canadian), but I do have an Audible membership account and this is available to me. I bought all 5 and the Buy 4, Get 10 graphic now says Congratulations! You will receive your $10 coupon by May 7, 2012. Btw, that $10 coupon has a May 31 expiry date.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I just bought one of these books and can confirm that the total listed on the buy 4 get $10 graphic on the Audible home page (below the search box) now shows one less purchase needed to get the $10 credit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I'm not eligible for Kindle Special Offers (since I'm Canadian), but I do have an Audible membership account and this is available to me. I bought all 5 and the Buy 4, Get 10 graphic now says Congratulations! You will receive your $10 coupon by May 7, 2012. Btw, that $10 coupon has a May 31 expiry date.
Thanks you two. I just clicked on the home page and it says the Congratulations bit.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
Thanks for posting. I, too, just bought 4 of the 5 $.99 classics, and saw the congrats message. It's a good deal, even without the bonus. Thanks again.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Awesome! I just upped my Audible plan to Platinum the other day. Next week I will have 3 credits and I will buy P&P and that should get me the $10.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak39 View Post
Thanks for posting. I, too, just bought 4 of the 5 $.99 classics, and saw the congrats message. It's a good deal, even without the bonus. Thanks again.
You're quite welcome. Happy listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Awesome! I just upped my Audible plan to Platinum the other day. Next week I will have 3 credits and I will buy P&P and that should get me the $10.
Remember, the $0.99 offer expires Sat 28 Apr and the $10 offer expires Mon 30 Apr.

I don't have a plan, so I'll probably use my $10 credit on Nostalgia Radio shows. I did that with the last $10 offer I had, because the shows are cheap. That way, I can get several with my free $10.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I used half of a $10 anniversary discount to get the books, so will get another $10 next month and still have $5.05 to spend this month.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Remember, the $0.99 offer expires Sat 28 Apr and the $10 offer expires Mon 30 Apr.

I don't have a plan, so I'll probably use my $10 credit on Nostalgia Radio shows. I did that with the last $10 offer I had, because the shows are cheap. That way, I can get several with my free $10.
I would of got the P&P today but Sourcebook has double charge my card for club membership and took my money so I have to wait till payday on Friday. I have a Platinum Audible Membership. I realized it's a better deal for me seeing my Audiobooks I want are $20 and 1 credit is never enough. So come 27th I will have 2 more credits to spend.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This was nice. I went ahead and got them all. And yes, the graphic says I'll get the coupon, too.
I've gotten so many free audible books I was starting to feel a bit guilty. And I actually happened to want a few of these.
Very nice.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
This was an awesome deal! Thanks for the post! I bought 3 of these audio books, and had one in my cart I wanted. Used 1 credit, and paid $2.97 for the 3 99c books so I could get the $10 account credit.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Well that worked out perfect. Apparently I used last month's credit in April so I used 2 credits, bought 2 of the 99 cents books (I only wanted 2 of them anyway) and now I will be getting $10 to spend. (Or $8 depending on if you want to count the $2 I spent getting the 2 books)
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:59 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
This was an awesome deal! Thanks for the post! I bought 3 of these audio books, and had one in my cart I wanted. Used 1 credit, and paid $2.97 for the 3 99c books so I could get the $10 account credit.
You're welcome. Were the three 99c abooks something you wanted anyway or just a means to get $7 free (nothing wrong with that)?

For me, I love this deal and hope Audible does it more often. Classic lit is my favorite, so I got all five.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:02 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
FYI in case you didn't notice it, but P&P comes with a bonus - a free PDF ebook. Of the five abooks in this offer, it's the only one that does.

Quote:
SPECIAL OFFER: Get the full text of this classic novel as an eBook when you purchase the audio. You'll receive an e-mail with a link to download the eBook after your purchase is confirmed. Having the novel in convenient Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format will allow you to read along with the audio, perform a "cover to cover" search for your favorite passages, and more.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
You're welcome. Were the three 99c abooks something you wanted anyway or just a means to get $7 free (nothing wrong with that)?

For me, I love this deal and hope Audible does it more often. Classic lit is my favorite, so I got all five.
you caught me there tubemonkey! I need some classics in my life!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible